• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So Let's Clear Things Up!

Bmm

Smash Cadet
the ivysaur depicted in the dojo screenshot seems to be the shiny ivysaur
greener skin, though the buld is a bit off

Panduh

Smash Journeyman
I've heard of a screenshot of a Squirtle with the green shell,
and I've been trying to find it.
No luck : [

Second, that's not a Emerald trainer it's just a green jacket. The emerald male has white hair and a bandana like the one worn by Pikachu. The girl looks like May from the anime. It's just a recolor.
Well what does anyone really expect? That's all any 'alternate costume' really is, a color change. Look at Samus's 'Fusion Suit'. It's not the Fusion Suit at all, it's just the Varia Suit that she normally wears, with Fusion Suit colors.

So anyway, today's update on Kirby's Inhale attack shows us that the Pokémon Trainer doesn't stand back far enough to interact with the Smashville villagers, as many people though. His distance isn't set, so he'll be fine on stages like Shadow Moses Island and Bridge of Eldin than have narrow platforms.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
To womever claimed that I said the alternate color was the Emerald Trainer:

I have put 50 hours into Pokemon Emerald, and 90 in Ruby, I know very well what the trainer looks like. I said he is garbed in Emerald clothing, meaning that his clothes resemble the Emerald Trainer's. My hypothesis is that they'll incorporate Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Black (as Giratina will likely represent the third fourth gen Pokemon game (it's coming for sure)), and a Gold and Silver color change (as GS remakes are coming for the DS. If you want to read my reasoning, there'll be one at the end of my post).

I would have prefered if they added a new character model, for example Professor Oak, in the background.

My Reasoning on Why There WILL be a GS Pokemon Re-Make for the DS:

Pokemon is one of Nintendo's top money maker's, and it really suckers a lot of the younger children. See, the marketing ploy is "Catch 'em All", and to do that, you require both versions of the game. Now, I'm aware all you need is ALL the Advance gen games, or a Nintendo Wi-Fi connection (or AR, but young kids are too un-aware of that) to get them all, but there are still some Pokemon missing. That's right, without Darkrai, Arceus or Shaimin, your collection is void of completion. Therefore, toss these guys in the GS remakes, put let's say Darkrai in Silver, and Shaymin in Gold, Arceus in both, and you're set!

Also, another piece of evidence which practically verifies all my claims is that, if you hack D/P with AR, you can select that a Pokemon's native region is Johto, one not present in all the (current) Advanced games. (The Advanced gen includes RSE,FR/LG,and D/P. This will soon add Gold Sky and Silver Sea).

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
To womever claimed that I said the alternate color was the Emerald Trainer:

I have put 50 hours into Pokemon Emerald, and 90 in Ruby, I know very well what the trainer looks like. I said he is garbed in Emerald clothing, meaning that his clothes resemble the Emerald Trainer's. My hypothesis is that they'll incorporate Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Black (as Giratina will likely represent the third fourth gen Pokemon game (it's coming for sure)), and a Gold and Silver color change (as GS remakes are coming for the DS. If you want to read my reasoning, there'll be one at the end of my post).

I would have prefered if they added a new character model, for example Professor Oak, in the background.

Pokemon is one of Nintendo's top money maker's, and it really suckers a lot of the younger children. See, the marketing ploy is "Catch 'em All", and to do that, you require both versions of the game. Now, I'm aware all you need is ALL the Advance gen games, or a Nintendo Wi-Fi connection (or AR, but young kids are too un-aware of that) to get them all, but there are still some Pokemon missing. That's right, without Darkrai, Arceus or Shaimin, your collection is void of completion. Therefore, toss these guys in the GS remakes, put let's say Darkrai in Silver, and Shaymin in Gold, Arceus in both, and you're set!

Also, another piece of evidence which practically verifies all my claims is that, if you hack D/P with AR, you can select that a Pokemon's native region is Johto, one not present in all the (current) Advanced games. (The Advanced gen includes RSE,FR/LG,and D/P. This will soon add Gold Sky and Silver Sea).

There will be probaly be a GSC remake but WTF you made up the Gold sky and Silver sea part. Also, Shaymin, Arceus and Darkrai are event pokemon Nintendo wouldn't make it so that you can catch them in-game without going to a Nintendo event first. Never.

Another thing, adding the trainer "Black". There is 0 evidence that giratina will represent the 3rd DP and even if he did that doesn't mean the trainer would wear black clothes. Also, a 3rd DP game probaly won't come out untill late 2008 but most likely sometime in 2009. I mean Emerald came out 2 years and 1 month after ruby and saphire. Also, there is no trainer named "yellow". He was named Ash since pokemon yellow is based off the anime. Also, did the trainer in Crystal even have a different colour then the ones in GS? My internal battery died about 6 months ago so I don't know.

MysticKenji

Smash Master

WTF?
So because there are three 4th gen event pokemon there must be a GS remake?
This has got to be the worst reasoning for GS remakes I've ever heard.

Also, "Gotta Catch 'Em All" was dropped in 2003.
Catch up.

EDIT: Your reasoning also ignores Mew, Jirachi, Celebi and Deoxys

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
The only reason I mentioned Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arcues is because you can access all the other Pokemon through the other games. What would be the inscentive to purchase this one (unless they re-design Johto and Kanto EXTENSIVELY).

And, I'm fully aware that Yellow, or Black, or whatever are not Trainer names, but they would make for good colors (Black making the Pokemon dark, and Yellow making them "shiny").

And, even thought Gotta Cath 'em all was dropped, it is still the primary concept of the game.

lex.aut

Smash Apprentice
i guess squirtles neutral b will be water gun..
ah well, i'm hoping for more information on the whole stamina-thing.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
The only reason I mentioned Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arcues is because you can access all the other Pokemon through the other games.
Mew.
Celebi.
Deoxys.
Jirachi.
Manaphy.

What would be the inscentive to purchase this one (unless they re-design Johto and Kanto EXTENSIVELY).
The 2nd gen was the best gen.
Why wouldn't it sell?

Giratina is also getting his own movie.
Dialga and Palkia will have roles in it.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Well what does anyone really expect? That's all any 'alternate costume' really is, a color change. Look at Samus's 'Fusion Suit'. It's not the Fusion Suit at all, it's just the Varia Suit that she normally wears, with Fusion Suit colors.
I wasn't expecting anything. I was just pointing out that he looks nothing like the emerald trainers he just has a green jacket.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
:)! Agreed Mystic Kenji, Second Gen did own. Maybe a new mode that I thought of (a grid based battle mode where attacks have a certain range, Pokemon's speed affect how many squares they move, e.c.t.). Also, random online matches would be an accepted addition.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
:)! Agreed Mystic Kenji, Second Gen did own. Maybe a new mode that I thought of (a grid based battle mode where attacks have a certain range, Pokemon's speed affect how many squares they move, e.c.t.). Also, random online matches would be an accepted addition.
That grid based system would be criticised so badly.

Greevy

Smash Cadet
From what I can tell... I may just have to main Ivysaur...

I still want to see Charizard running/walking in a movie, since this was revealed I always thought he'd look awkward moving around.

Top Bottom