• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So Let's Clear Things Up!

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion

There has been a lot of discussion and speculation that has revolved around Pokemon Trainer as a lot of his features are hidden and have yet to be revealed. There are a LOT of people going around and complaining that PT is cheap, and having 3 stocks-1 is unfair. Well, I'm here to clear up that misconcpetion, and state even more information.

Here is what we know about PT:

-He fights from the backgorund, commanding Squirtle, or Ivysaur, or Charizard to actually battle for him.

-All Pokemon SHARE the damage meter. If you swap one for another, they will have the SAME damage percentage.

-When one of his Pokemon is KOed, it will come back on the stage via the "Flying Saucer". If one Pokemon is KOed, it is-1 (in Time) or -1 stock (n stock). The Pokemon only change after being commanded to.

-The character has a unique mechanic tenatively called "Stamina" that weakens that fighting Pokemon if it is on the stage to long, or if you swap too often. This is all the currently known inforamtion on this.

-Squirlte's revealed moves are:

^Special: Waterfall
>Special: Withdraw
Neutral Special: Unknown
vSpecial: Pokemon Change (Into Ivysaur)
Squirtle is seen punching in a Corocoro screenshot

-Ivysaur's revealed moves are:

^Special: Vinewhip
>Special: Possibly a move shown in Corocoro that is presumably Razor Leaf (okay, anyone with common sense can tell it's Razor Leaf)
Neutral Special: Bullet Seed
vSpecial: Pokemon Change (Into Charizard)

-Charizard's revealed moves are:

^Special: Unknown
>Special: Rock Smash
Neutral Special: Flamethrower
vSpecial: Pokemon Change (Into Squirtle)

-The Pokemon all share ONE common Final Smasht that is activated if one Pokemon grabs a Smash Ball. It is irrelevant which one obtains the Smash Ball.

FS: Triple Finish (Squirlte uses Hydro Puimp, Ivysaur uses Solar Beam, Charizard uses Fire Blast)

-Pokemon Trainer currently has had one alternate color change revealed. This one depict him in green garb resembling that of the trainer from Emerald Version.

-Ivysaur currently has had one alternate color change revealed. This one has his bulb an olive color opposed to the regular pink. This Pokemon is presumably under the control of Pokemon Trainer with his Emerald clothes.

-Charizard currently has one alternate color change revealed. This one has him entirely green. This Pokemon is presumably under the control of the Pokemon Trainer with his Emerald clothes.

-Squirlte has no confirmed color changes.

-We do NOT know the full mechaincs of Stamina. Apparently, with recent pictures shown, a stamina bar is not present. The Pokemon will preumably notify the user when it is low on Stamina via actions (this is a logical assumption).

-We do NOT know where PT stands in battle during stages that go through alterations. For example, we do not know where PT will be when Lava swarms that Norfair stage. Sakurai certainly has some (concise) provisions for this.

Please read this before going off the boat and claiming things about PT that aren't true. If I missed ANY information on PT, notfiy me so I may update the thread. Thankyou.

This picture depicts Squirlte punching, and Ivysaur using Razor Leaf. As mentioned by Pluvia, Charizard could be doing an Earthquake attack. The attack Charizard is oding could be the concluding part of Rock Smash. That isn't really conclusive, so I won't add it to the FAQ.

Here we see the Emerald garbed trainer as well as the Ivysaur with the green bud.

This picture depicts the green Charizard presumably under the Emeral garbed Trainer's control.

NOTE: As more color schemes, or mor info in general is elaborated on about PT, this thread will be updated to include it. It also wouldn't hurt if someone mentioned something new about PT.

Credits:
Dark/Light: For suggesting to post the Event update picturse, and finding the Corocoro scan.
Pluvia: For suggesting that Charizard has an Earthquake attack, which is still a possibility.
Corocoro: For disappoiniting us with rehashed Dojo information, yet showing us some new PT screens.
Dojo+Sora: For developing our beloved Brawl, and blogging information on it! :)
Rhubarbo A.K.A me: For making sure that newbs don't get confused about the coolest SSBB cahracter addition ;) (I'm not that humble eh? ;) )

iron blade

Smash Ace
For some reason everyone thinks each pokemon has their own stock. I keep telling them that if one dies, they all die. THEY ARE THE SAME CHARACTER. Thank you for being one of the few that realized this.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Those people really suck. Seriously, any diversity and they're like 'OMG LIEK, IT WILL BE WELL UNFA1R A5 THE POKeMON TRAINER WILL HAVE TO BE BE4TEN THREE TIMES FOR EACH POKeMON AND IVESORE WILL BE ABLE TO RECOVER WITH HIS DOWN B, WAY TO GO SAKURI!!!!!' I always thought that Pokemon needed the actual hero representing them, so I'm really glad with the character.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
I hope this clears everything up... I'm tired of hearing "myths" about the Pokemon Trainer.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Wheres the green Charizard Pic i havent seen it on the DOJO. its probaby from the CoroCoro thing right. anyhow could someone post a pic?

TheLake

Smash Master
Yea post some picks ya big dummys! (Ahh im just messin...id like to see some confirmation on these pics though pweeeze)

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Nvm, just saw the green Charizard thread, he actually doesnt look THAT bad, but I would still like to see the whole razorleaf and squirtle punching things

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
We've seen Charizard use an Earthquake like move on Coro Coro. I presume it's his Down-Smash, though it could be any move really.

And where did you get that flying saucer information? You just made that up.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
We've seen Charizard use an Earthquake like move on Coro Coro. I presume it's his Down-Smash, though it could be any move really.

And where did you get that flying saucer information? You just made that up.
ROFL! The "Flying Saucer" is how characters are brought back to the stage after being KOed. I was thinking of referring to it as the "Halo" but that would confuse many.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
BTW, mods, could you please sticky this so everyone can get the information.

Black/Light

Smash Master
You should post these pics on the first post so that everyone sees where your getting this info.

Black/Light

Smash Master
And as you can see above, Charizard is using his Earthquake-like Attack. :)
Well, to be fair, we never actually saw how he does rock smash. This could very well be that attack in it's finnal stages (after he smashes it).
Or it could be a down air A attack that slams him onto the ground to make earthquake so who knows.

But I know one thing. . . .he better get more fire attacks than flame thrower. If Snake gets all these crazy projectiles than I see no reason why Char shouldn't get another fire projectile attack for a smash attack;)

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Thankyou Black/Light, I was trying extremely hard to find tehse scans, yet I yielded no discovery. I will credit you on the initial post.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Cool! If Lucario ain't playable in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Charizard will easily be my favourite character. Powerful, can cause an earthquake, doesn't get knocked away very easily and can glide!

So if it's alternate colors change it's whole body color, hopefully we'll get shiny Charizard for an alternate, it could be his "Dark" themed color, like Zelda's black dress with her white hair, and Fox clothed in black, and Dark Link, all dark themes for those characters.

I sure hope Charizard can have black as an alternate color, it is that, and knowing just exactly how the Stamina works, that I want to know most about the Pokémon Trainer.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Well, to be fair, we never actually saw how he does rock smash. This could very well be that attack in it's finnal stages (after he smashes it).
Or it could be a down air A attack that slams him onto the ground to make earthquake so who knows.

But I know one thing. . . .he better get more fire attacks than flame thrower. If Snake gets all these crazy projectiles than I see no reason why Char shouldn't get another fire projectile attack for a smash attack;)
Ah yes, it could be that too. :laugh:

Though this is what I said previously:

Also, I agree with you on that fire projectiles for Smash Attacks bit too. :laugh:

RedKnight

Smash Ace
I think the earthquake thing is Rock Smash, maybe its a directional move and he did it downward, or it could be the end of his Up B *couch*seismic*cough*toss*Cough* without grabbing anyone

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
On second thought, that could be an Earthquake attack because his read and body are facing the screen, not the foe.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Nice attempt but you have too many assumptions for this to be a FAQ.

One, others have pointed out that you don't know what Charizard or Ivysaur are doing. Is it rock smash? Is that ivysaurs smash attack or razor lead?

Second, that's not a Emerald trainer it's just a green jacket. The emerald male has white hair and a bandana like the one worn by Pikachu. The girl looks like May from the anime. It's just a recolor.

Third, you say the pokemon is weakened if you switch it to often but we don't even know if this is true. The wording sounded to me as though using a pokemon causes its stamina to go down and you'll need to switch so it can recover. If you switch back before it is fully recovered its meter will still be low.

I'm speculating just like the rest of you but that makes more sense then becoming weaker just for switching and it matches the description given.

Top Bottom