• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So is online play gonna get better?

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
With Nintendo in control of that decision? Whether or not the online is made better?

Not a chance in hell. Nintendo's done ONE good thing, and that's the Wiispeak with the next Animal Crossing. Beyond that, they haven't done jack right. Don't get your hopes up, because all Nintendo cares about is fooling idiots into believing the Wii is actual worth something. IOW, the older people and the children who think something like Cooking Mama or Wii Sports resort is something amazing.

Sorry, but a good game, something like a newer, better version of Melee (which is not Brawl) or perhaps something amazing like a real good, online shooter will never come. Don't expect anything from Nintendo. They can't deliver. They won't deliver.

PS: I hate Nintendo with a passion. They brought me a broken Smash and AC, that's it (Smash will always be good, but face it, it was a hurried scrap).
wow, the hating nintendo with a passion part is really weird...cuz if you do hate them why are you here???you didn't like metroid prime? twilit princess? have you heard of 'the conduit',just give nintendo some time, they can't please everyone you know and when the hard core gamers are the minority...well you know were I'm getting to

Dupon

Smash Rookie
The only Nintendo games I have are the smash series and double dash. And a few for-fun games.
With do you mean with "a few for fun games", the smash series aren't for fun also? So why do you play them?

On-topic: I believe that Nintendo may get their online servers for the with anyone matches get better over the time, but not too much, just may get a little better.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
wow, the hating nintendo with a passion part is really weird...cuz if you do hate them why are you here???you didn't like metroid prime? twilit princess? have you heard of 'the conduit',just give nintendo some time, they can't please everyone you know and when the hard core gamers are the minority...well you know were I'm getting to
Yeah, I get fired up sometimes. I don't hate them, I just despise them graciously.

Metroid Prime is decent. I would like it more if it was a bit longer, but I think that the game was satisfactory enough.

And as I said before, you might not have saw it, Twilight Princess was short and easy. Not only that, but the side quests? Where the side quests at? There were hardly any. Not to mention they didn't do things they could have done (how awesome would it have been to have the Majora's Mask feature of playing the bosses over again?). The game was definitely a 6/10 to me. Not to mention that they made the game look more grander than it was.

The Conduit? No, I haven't. Enlighten me?

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I think it's just ridiculous that they can't just add a couple things. For example, Twilight Princess could have had a difficulty setting added, could it not have? Hard for us hardcore, right? I would have said the same for Metroid Prime, but they covered that. Why not TP? Not only that, but what's the issue with the empty game? Why was TP so empty? The side quests in MM were thousandths of times better. This shouldn't even be an issue.

A couple things done, and we're already fixing Nintendo, at least as far as I have problems with it.

To tell you, I'm the type of gamer that only gets a few games, and those games are HUGE titles. Sadly, those HUGE titles have become, for me, just as bad as some of the crappier games. And it's not just me.

Basically, in the end, Nintendo could fix it: easy. However, they choose not to. Why? I can't think of any other reason than that they really couldn't give a crap about the hardcore gamers that have kept them alive patiently over the years. It's betrayal, as far as I'm concerned, and with the reason events that obviously mark Nintendo's dumbing down of other games, it won't get any better.

RIP the hardcore Nintendo. RIP.

I'm done with the thread as far as I'm concerned (I've spoken just as much as I can of my mind so far), but I'll reply if need be.

PS: I'm here simply because I enjoy competing in Smash, and as far as I understand, Smash is not Nintendo, smash is smash. I love smash because of the skill involved, and no matter how broken it can be, it's still going to stay above the 'decent' mark of quality games. I'm also here just for the community. NSider was trashed, which SUCKED horribly (Oh, and that's another reason I hate Nintendo. They closed down NSider without a word of warning).

So you get my view, no?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
With do you mean with "a few for fun games", the smash series aren't for fun also? So why do you play them?

On-topic: I believe that Nintendo may get their online servers for the with anyone matches get better over the time, but not too much, just may get a little better.
For-fun as in I don't play them at all unless I'm really bored.
Smash is fun.
But I was just specifying.

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
Not to mention that they made the game look more grander than it was.
The biggest example of this is the part in the trailer where it shows Link battling what seems like an army of Moblins(or whatever those things are called) on horseback. But in the actual game, they come in waves of like 4-5.

...Yeah.....:tired:

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
This thread has turned into people saying how much they hate nintendo. If you hate the new wii games, then DONT PLAY THEM!
Actually, it's really just me. And yeah, I know, that's why I don't.

The biggest example of this is the part in the trailer where it shows Link battling what seems like an army of Moblins(or whatever those things are called) on horseback. But in the actual game, they come in waves of like 4-5.

...Yeah.....:tired:
A good example of why I thought it would be grand was when Link was on his horse in the woods. That looked wicked awesome. Instead: no such scene.

The developers said Hyrule field was amazing and walking across would be insane. Some people were thinking, "REAL BIG". I thought so too. Maybe not Elder Scrolls big, but still. Either way, we ended up getting something that basically capitalized on how Wind Waker was filled with nothing but emptiness.

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I get fired up sometimes. I don't hate them, I just despise them graciously.

Metroid Prime is decent. I would like it more if it was a bit longer, but I think that the game was satisfactory enough.

And as I said before, you might not have saw it, Twilight Princess was short and easy. Not only that, but the side quests? Where the side quests at? There were hardly any. Not to mention they didn't do things they could have done (how awesome would it have been to have the Majora's Mask feature of playing the bosses over again?). The game was definitely a 6/10 to me. Not to mention that they made the game look more grander than it was.

The Conduit? No, I haven't. Enlighten me?

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I think it's just ridiculous that they can't just add a couple things. For example, Twilight Princess could have had a difficulty setting added, could it not have? Hard for us hardcore, right? I would have said the same for Metroid Prime, but they covered that. Why not TP? Not only that, but what's the issue with the empty game? Why was TP so empty? The side quests in MM were thousandths of times better. This shouldn't even be an issue.

A couple things done, and we're already fixing Nintendo, at least as far as I have problems with it.

To tell you, I'm the type of gamer that only gets a few games, and those games are HUGE titles. Sadly, those HUGE titles have become, for me, just as bad as some of the crappier games. And it's not just me.

Basically, in the end, Nintendo could fix it: easy. However, they choose not to. Why? I can't think of any other reason than that they really couldn't give a crap about the hardcore gamers that have kept them alive patiently over the years. It's betrayal, as far as I'm concerned, and with the reason events that obviously mark Nintendo's dumbing down of other games, it won't get any better.

RIP the hardcore Nintendo. RIP.

I'm done with the thread as far as I'm concerned (I've spoken just as much as I can of my mind so far), but I'll reply if need be.

PS: I'm here simply because I enjoy competing in Smash, and as far as I understand, Smash is not Nintendo, smash is smash. I love smash because of the skill involved, and no matter how broken it can be, it's still going to stay above the 'decent' mark of quality games. I'm also here just for the community. NSider was trashed, which SUCKED horribly (Oh, and that's another reason I hate Nintendo. They closed down NSider without a word of warning).

So you get my view, no?
Wow you speak so much truth I just wetted my pants hearing this, it seem like no one have the balls to say it nowaday.

I completely agree about Zelda TP, I personaly saw one of my friends beating the cave of ordeals 2nd run with 3 hearts and no fairies/potions and I was like ''wow... just wow... where is the Nintendo I've grown with?'' I'm really tired of seeing Nintendo ''casualising'' my favorite series, tired of seeing controls automatised (walls kicks in Mario Sunshine) tired of getting 1 ups forced down my throat (New Super Mario Bros) tired of sleeping through boss fights (Zelda TP)

I know this rant is off topic but the whole thread already went off topic long ago. And for what you were saying about ''betrayal''... the sad thing is that Nintendo know they have their fans, like you and me, already in the bag. We are going to buy a Wii no matter what, because they are Nintendo and made all the great games we know like SMB3, Zelda LttP, Super Metroid and the DKCs. They can make as many Wii Sports and Wii Fits as they want and just release 1 (dumbed down) hardcore game every now and then and the majority of their fanbase is back to licking their *****.

People claim that Microsoft is just in there for money, but if you ask me, if there is an hypocrite in this console war, I'd point at Nintendo. And before I get flamed, I'm not a MS or Sony fanboy, I owned every Nintendo console up to date save the Virtualboy.

Face it, Nintendo doesn't give a **** about people like us, I'm really tired of this BS

**** casual players, it's all because of them lol

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Wow you speak so much truth I just wetted my pants hearing this, it seem like no one have the balls to say it nowaday.

I completely agree about Zelda TP, I personaly saw one of my friends beating the cave of ordeals with 3 hearts and no fairies/potions and I was like ''wow... just wow... where the Nintendo I've grown with?'' I'm really tired of seeing Nintendo ''casualising'' every my favorite series, tired of seeing controls automatised (walls kicks in Mario Sunshine) tired of getting 1 ups forced down my throat (New Super Mario Bros) tired of sleeping through boss fights (Zelda TP)

I know this rant is off topic but the whole thread already went off topic long ago. And for what you were saying about ''betrayal''... the sad thing is that Nintendo know they have their fans, like you and me, already in the bag. We are going to buy a Wii no matter what, because they are Nintendo and made all the great games we know like SMB3, Zelda LttP, Super Metroid and the DKCs. They can make as many Wii Sports and Wii Fits as they want and just release 1 (dumbed down) hardcore game every now and then and the majority of their fanbase is back to licking their *****.

People claim that Microsoft is just in there for money, but if you ask me, if there is an hypocrite in this console war, I'd point at Nintendo. And before I get flamed, I'm not a MS or Sony fanboy, I owned every Nintendo console up to date save the Virtualboy.

Face it, Nintendo doesn't give a **** about people like us, I'm really tired of this BS

**** casual players, it's all because of them lol
I'm happy you agree. I've been very irritated over the fact Nintendo betrayed us all. I don't mean to get over the top about it, it's just that I've been with Nintendo for a while, and I was hoping so much for their future, instead, they're giving us titles that, not only casual gamers will buy, but Nintendo fanboys will buy and think, against common sense, that it's good.

You know what makes it worse? It's the fact that if I were in charge of the game, if ANY gamer with common sense were in charge of the game, we would make it better. I could, right now, come up with a thousand different ideas that still probably allude Nintendo's greatest developers. I don't mean to say they're horrible, worthless, idiotic people, it's just that there's so many obvious ideas that Nintendo does not implement. And why don't they? No money? (laughs) Horrible excuse. No time? What were you doing with the time given if you don't have any now?

And I think that's really sad. I don't believe I register as one of those people who constantly buy their products. I'll be honest, I used to honor them, but now, I'm disgusted. I've been the type of gamer that ONLY buys the big games: Zelda, Metroid Prime. That's it. Only two I really ever liked (I also got Time Splitters and Resident Evil). What makes me absolutely sick is the fact that Nintendo has all these fan boys believing they're still an amazing company.

Sasukebowser is one of those that really bother me. All he did was insult at the point where I had dropped the argument because I thought it was over. I spoke the honest truth, a common fact, an opinion. He doesn't have to be a fanboy, he speaks like one.

Simple. If you say Twilight Princess was good, you're not hardcore.

To end the thread's TRUE subject, NO. Online will NOT be upgraded. A change will have to be made for that to happen, and besides, I bet that reason for the upgrade won't be because people on smash want better online. In any case, I don't see Nintendo helping us out. After Animal Crossing, one of the only other good games, I should be finished (unless, by a miracle, a good game comes out).

It was a good run, Nintendo, but everything ends, evidently.

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
Another part of the problem is that if people keep buying their games and no one speak up for hardcore players they will never turn back... is it too late?

Sadly, we seem to be a minority now, flooded by grandparents, happy family of casuals playing Wii Sports and middle-aged men looking for an easy way to lose weight.

This is what make me so mad when people keep praising Nintendo, it make them think we are satisfied. I always try to voice my opinion whenever I see an article about this subject on sites like Nintendo World Report and such, hoping that by some miracle, Shigeru or any big face at Nintendo might be reading it and might, somehow, reconsider their ways.

I think online in Brawl wasn't the priority in Smash, they probably think casuals don't know how to use the internet anyway.

And about what you said about not buying a lot of games... I don't even buy the big titles anymore, I rent them for 1 week and beat them, because they lost every bit of replay value Nintendo games used to have. The only game I have on Wii is Brawl and I'm looking foward to Tales of Symphonia 2 as my second and last maybe.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Another part of the problem is that if people keep buying their games and no one speak up for hardcore players they will never turn back... is it too late?

Sadly, we seem to be a minority now, flooded by grandparents, happy family of casuals playing Wii Sports and middle-aged men looking for an easy way to lose weight.

This is what make me so mad when people keep praising Nintendo, it make them think we are satisfied. I always try to voice my opinion whenever I see an article about this subject on sites like Nintendo World Report and such, hoping that by some miracle, Shigeru or any big face at Nintendo might be reading it and might, somehow, reconsider their ways.

I think online in Brawl wasn't the priority in Smash, they probably think casuals don't know how to use the internet anyway.

And about what you said about not buying a lot of games... I don't even buy the big titles anymore, I rent them for 1 week and beat them, because they lost every bit of replay value Nintendo games used to have. The only game I have on Wii is Brawl and I'm looking foward to Tales of Symphonia 2 as my second and last maybe.
Yeah, we're a minority right now. It's a sad thing, really. Is it too late for us? Who cares? The world's probably going to end in 2012 anyway. lol I'm seventeen. Games will be unimportant soon, so it really doesn't matter. Maybe hardcore is coming to an end, and the casual is taking over? (Of course, another cycle will pass, and hardcore will be back again).

Only time will tell. In the meantime, I'm going to soak in the boundless replay value of smash games. Oh, and another Time Splitters is coming out, so I have both that and AC to look forward to. But, I guess that's it for me.

Satyrium

Smash Cadet
It's ironic that on a game that's fun is based upon how much you enjoy fighting with another person, has horrible online capabilities while this new animal crossing (which is a game about what? making houses and buying fishing nets from a store) will be having a more optimized performance.

I'm not hating on animal crossing i'm just hoping to share the irony that I see in this.

Smash Cadet
Thank you for posting a post that I can read without almost falling asleep. (lol ironic I'm saying that, It's 3:34 up in this hizzouse.)

Sorry for not contributing anything to this conversation, but honestly, ^^^.
That's all I have to say.
I have no idea what's even going on.

gocubs12345

Smash Apprentice
Look Online Play will stay the way its been, close to be a live game when 2 people with great connections play, or a ****fest when connections are bad. But you need to look at it from another perspective.

Was Online Play really supposed to be used for tournaments? OR was it just a fun mode so you could play with close friends who live maybe close or sometimes far away?

I don't think Nintendo created Wi-Fi so that people that met on forums that live in totally different regions of a country could play a game just like it was live.

I think Nintendo's Online for brawl was created so you could have fun. The Competitive part needs to be done in the real world and not online.

Also- Brawl is slower than Melee so I think people need to remember that maybe the online isn't slow, maybe its just the game with lag here and there.

Top Bottom