• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So in what canon is the whip?

•Col•

Smash Champion
I dunno... I think Sakurai might have just made it up... But I do know that video was made after Brawl's E3 trailer, so it definitely didn't come from the fans... <_<

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai had a dream of samus, that's where the whip is from. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
It's not canon by any means. The Haloid Zamus is actually inspired by Brawl Zamus.

Then again, Smash has a history of inspiring certain changes in canon for characters that appear in it. For instance, Falcon Punch is now part of Captain Falcon's character.

My hope is that the next 2D Metroid game has some section requiring use of the Zero Suit wherein the player can use the Plasma Whip. Because at the very least the use of it as a tether recovery is really a neat idea.

Top Bottom