• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So... im going to a tournament tomorrow i only play ganon any tips?

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
i'll give you the basics:

-side-b through shields (don't spam it, use it wisely)
-if you get a grab, dthrow pretty much everyone that isn't a fast faller and follow it up with a bair or uair depending on how they di. uthrow fast fallers.
-pop bairs and dairs oos.
-retreating shffld fairs are good in neutral
-edge guard with reverse uair. some characters like charizard and meta knight can just attack you and beat it out, in which case you'll have to space fairs and bairs or bait them.
-sometimes a good approach is to waveland into tilts or grabs. ganon is all about the mind games, so mix it up.
-after you do an aerial, double jumping and doing another one will sometimes trip up your opponent. like full hop dair to double jump dair works often against heavily grounded opponents.

good luck and have fun.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Stop being nervous ???????
It'll help, personally I do surprisingly good when I don't put any feeling in the game.
If you feel like losing your way just focus on not getting hit and watch what carefully what is happening, it usually works.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
Just have fun and play lots of friendlies. Play as many people as you can for:
a) experience against playstyles and characters
b) it's fun! :)

CORY

wut
BRoomer
late, but basically what tuba said. you're playing in a tourney setting for the first time, you're going to be nervous. that's just something you'll have to grind through by losing to tourney nerves over and over again until you get your calm on.

once you get a feel for people near your skill level, i'd recommend small money matches (1-5 bucks) with them. it'll get you used to the feeling that something's on the line and help you get acclimated to that sort of stress.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Play a wait and bait game.

Pretend to approach a lot, but bait out a move.

Shield and Power shield on reaction.

Last edited:
Top Bottom