• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So... i went to a tournament today.

Geist

Smash Master
lol Florida is Samusland, kinda like how Canada is marth country. I hope Phanna gets back into melee soon, he's a classic.

By the way, you definetly have to make sure you face as many people as possible in friendly matches. Not only is it good to get variety in your experience, which can definetly halp you adopt new styles and techniques, but it's good socially as well. I remember in my first tourney I had decided to play primarily with people I commonly played with anyways, and I didn't actually learn anything until I was forced to play other people in the actual tourney.
Seek the top players there as well. They're a treasure trove of information gold that'll just spill out if you ask them questions.

You want to get rid of that deadly death difficulty curve as fast as you can. It's the number 1 killer of inexperienced melee players. A lot of people give up hope when they get beaten, and say "I'll never be that good, I might as well quit or play Barwl", instead of saying "Wow, I can't wait to be that good! I'm going to play over and over and over until I can beat him!"
Myself, I would rather lose to an experienced player over winning against a player my level any day.
/rant

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
Myself, I would rather win to an experienced player over winning against a player my level any day.
/lols

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I'm an FL samus main.
I'll probably be at FL gaming, too. We should get some matches in, Blood.
I was wondering when someone would mention Reno. Didn't think it would be Reno tho >.<

Toobz's brother(?) is also a pretty good Samus, but I don't remember seeing him last saturday.

Top Bottom