• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I threw a Final Smash with Dedede....>.>

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
With items off. Now if this is already known I am so sorry, and please close this thread.

I was chunking waddle dees with Dedede on Toon Link's ship stage and the next thing you know a final smash pops my friend's Samus in the face. The only thing that came through my mind was "what the flying"...??

It seems like a 1 out of a million chance of pulling it but I did pull it. This is the 1st time I ever seen it since this game came out. So what do y'all think?:ohwell::p

Oryan

Smash Apprentice
Someone else on these boards claimed the same thing, so im assuming it happens. He said something about him hitting the bottom of final destination and when he did he got the ability to use his final smash.

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
I know I'm not crazy. I literally threw one while in midair. + We been playing with items off at least 4 times in a row before it happened. .......man crazy yo.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
It's completely and totally true

Peach can throw out bomb-ombs and beam swords

I've seen dedede throw out pitfalls, pokeballs and a final smash.

I think it's funny, it's very rare though so it's hardly game breaking.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
odd so you were sure about the items must be something like peach pulling out mr saturn in melee cool find

Maben

Smash Journeyman
Only strange thing I've thrown so far as DeDeDe has been 2 capsules. Mind you I haven't played him very much at all but that's what I've seen.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
I was playing with items off when a random pokeball happened. I dont know if I was playing against dedede but I was perplexed to say the least.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
As Maben just said, Dedede can chuck capsules. Now, if you have any items individually switched on, any of those can come out.

For example, Items appearing are off, but you still have Pokeballs themselves on, a pokeball can come out of a thrown capsule.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I've read tbat if the items are on but the setting is at "off", then pity smash and Dedede pulling capsules that turn into items can still happen, you have to use the "All off" switch as well as put the frequency on "off" to avoid this.

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
In my time of practicing as Dedede, I've thrown two capsules that contained Smash Balls. But what really seems to come out a lot of Dedede's capsules are Dragoon parts.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I think you need to turn all items off and appearance to off aswell. There's a button that lets you turn them all off or all on or something (I think) and you need to turn that off.

Not sure if that was any help at all.

Niblet

Smash Cadet
Yes, M2K made a thread about this and many of us, including myself, have backed up the claims.

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
Vids or it didn't happen.
I mean, it's common knowledge by now that you can't have 2 FSs in play at the same time =\

Aesir

Smash Master
It's completely and totally true

Peach can throw out bomb-ombs and beam swords

I've seen dedede throw out pitfalls, pokeballs and a final smash.

I think it's funny, it's very rare though so it's hardly game breaking.
What would be game breaking then?

Pokeballs/final smashes can turn matches around.

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
Vids or it didn't happen.
I mean, it's common knowledge by now that you can't have 2 FSs in play at the same time =\
righhttt...ill record to crunch your face. I wouldn't waste typing if it didn't happen. Especially not for the likes of you. No dissing involved.

pirkid

Smash Lord
What would be game breaking then?

Pokeballs/final smashes can turn matches around.
Yes, but not at the rate that they appear.

Was Peach banned because she had a 1/356 chance of pulling a Bob-omb?

Yes, Dedede's situation is different, pulling out a Smash Ball is epic. However, until this is properly testing with options on/off and ratios are calculated, I don't think we can considering it game-breaking.

This also arouses the ploy of items on in matches anyways, nullifying Dedede's small item advantage. :laugh:

/kidding

Aesir

Smash Master
Yes, but not at the rate that they appear.

Was Peach banned because she had a 1/356 chance of pulling a Bob-omb?
Bob-omb can't turn matches around.

Pokeballs can.

If I'm at 0 percent 2 stock, and i'm playing a peach at one stock, and they pull a bob-omb they can miss it and it doesn't do anything...

However put this situation in brawl where pokeballs rarely miss and usually do their job, or smash balls.

Yeah that stock advantage is lost.

Yes, Dedede's situation is different, pulling out a Smash Ball is epic. However, until this is properly testing with options on/off and ratios are calculated, I don't think we can considering it game-breaking.
Smashballs have a higher chance of taking out the enemy then a bob-omb. So your argument really holds no relevence.

Faith

Smash Apprentice
Bob-omb can't turn matches around.

Pokeballs can.

If I'm at 0 percent 2 stock, and i'm playing a peach at one stock, and they pull a bob-omb they can miss it and it doesn't do anything...

However put this situation in brawl where pokeballs rarely miss and usually do their job, or smash balls.

Yeah that stock advantage is lost.
Smashballs have a higher chance of taking out the enemy then a bob-omb. So your argument really holds no relevence.
Supposedly if you turn off all the items individually D3 won't throw em. Also a Beam Sword is surprisingly usefull in a tight situation since it won't disapear after 1 KO.

Aesir

Smash Master
Supposedly if you turn off all the items individually D3 won't throw em. Also a Beam Sword is surprisingly usefull in a tight situation since it won't disapear after 1 KO.
Can you prove that? if so then that'll make things easier lol.

Useful but not game breaking, fs can kill at 0% or rack up enough to kill, and pokeballs can easily rack up percent or kill at stupid percents.

Top Bottom