• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I massacre 27/30 people in a tourney and..

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
Frame data is the main reason my reaction time is abnormal. Haha being able to know exactly where and when is someone is going to lag ahead of time makes for beautiful punishment. Ankonku I challenge you. Something that KO Kingpin suggest I do haha.

DarkThundah

Smash Apprentice
Just counter pick w/snake or falco. Anyone who mains a mid/low tier character shoul be good with at least one additional character to use in **** (MK, G&W for zelda/sheik) scenarios. There is no shame in going the whole way w/sheik and switching to snake when someone chooses sayyyy g&w, or Falcon cuz he just pwns.

Just so ppl know: a character counter is a term given to members of certain matchups who fundamentally undermine/shut down the game of another character in that matchup. Case in point: g&w is a cc to Zelda, who relies on spacing and forcing her opponent to approach then punishing their mistakes. Only one problem, she cant force him to approach (bucket). Only options are to sit their and get turtle ***** or approach w/(i dunno anything is equally bad) and get turtle *****. So yeah character counter.

I just see that term thrown around a lot and the sheik boards, having the smartest and bestest members, should know the difference :) Conclusion: mk is not a cc to mk.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
G&W doesn't **** Sheik.

MK is difficult. Ice Climbers is impossible for Sheik, but not so for Zelda. Still, you can't switch to Zelda if you didn't know it was coming.

You probably need to get a new character for Mewtwo, though.

jc_off_the_heezay

Smash Apprentice
You have to have amazing spacing to give a good chance against IC.
Which I need to work on.
Any links so I can learn how to?
Thanks.

Arigon

Smash Apprentice
Ice Climbers might not be impossible at your level "<3", but in tourney level fights, they are really f'ing hard.

Go watch a tournament match between Sheik and the Ice Climbers. Don't pay attention to who wins, pay attention to who has the upper hand.

EDIT>> Found this vid for ya http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85cWK06XBm8

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Ice Climbers might not be impossible at your level "<3", but in tourney level fights, they are really f'ing hard.

Go watch a tournament match between Sheik and the Ice Climbers. Don't pay attention to who wins, pay attention to who has the upper hand.

EDIT>> Found this vid for ya http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85cWK06XBm8
That was a horrible Sheik, and a horrible IC, and the video was almost a year old, and it's wifi.

If you don't use moves like dash attack and rolls to approach you can do as well against the climbers as wolf with sheik. Use bair, it can't be sheild grabbed by the climbers. in fact you shouldn't be punished at all. on the flip side you can punish every little opening they give you with ftilt and dash attack. Nana (and the climbers in general) is crazy easy to gimp with sheik.

People aren't playing sheik with defense in mind, if you are frequently getting grabbed you aren't playing sheik right.

I live with a tournement level Ice climber. I know the match up.

Top Bottom