• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

so i got my first link vid up

Omnirighteous

Smash Cadet
aim the hookshot so that it touches a certain part of the edge...when you pull yourself up, you'll automatically hold on to the edge

sometimes though it'll appear as though you aimed properly, but you'll instead haul yourself over the edge, rather than grabbing it

NekoNoBaka13

Smash Rookie
Buncha things here. I like the way you mix up your projectiles and air attacks, often in the same jump set. It gives you a decent approach.

Flaws: 1. Do not use your arrows. They're too weak, not enough range with no chargeup, they don't stun much, no good for combos, bad cooldown.... -_-; Use your boomerang instead.

2. Do not try to shieldgrab with Link. It doesn't work. You can roll sometimes instead of that, but it lets them take control of the fight, so don't do it unless you have to. I like to SHFFL Nair out of the shield, its a GREAT defensive move for Link.

3. Your Fairs were not SHFFLed correctly, you should be fastfalling a bit earlier. Link shouldn't have time to spin around, His stroke should hit exactly as you hit the ground.

4. I think you're a bit too eager to use your UpB as an edgeguard. Ganon's almost always aim for the edge when recovering, and will not go high enough for UpB to hit them. It has too much cooldown too, if you miss. That happened in that first stock. IF you can hit him with it, great, but I think its too risky. I would go for dtilt or ftilt, or even better, hang off the ledge, and Nair if you have to. You can also drop a bomb off the ledge.

Zap Roffo

Smash Rookie
Is there a more concrete explanation for why shield grabbing doesn't work as link? I would like to understand why you say that Neko.

One problem I thought you had was too many risky grab attempts in general coming out of nowhere. There was a whole lot of hookshot retracting animation going on.

captainlukey

Smash Ace
i thought shield grabbing was good in situations for link... i use it occasionally.... but i think why neko said that was because the startup lag of the grab is a little too long and you may be countered\mindgamed...
but i find that it really does work well in certain situations... eg, youve just knocked marth down and he tries to do his get up attack, you shield, the knockback is a little but your still in range for a shield grab but i wouldnt base a strategy around it.
oh and also you can shieldgrab a tippered fsmash from marth.... how many characters can say that?

D

Deleted member

IMO shield grabbing with link = epic win

not only does ur opponent have about a 0% chance to escape if theyre up close, but u can also grab ppl when they r behind u

Top Bottom