• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

so i forgot everything i read about how to play sheik

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
the moment i got into a match:p well, minus the retreating nairs and stomps..i used those a little more..but it occurs to me remembering the autokill throw points would have helped..as well as remembering to upthrow combo at higher percentages..i kept screwing it up when i tried..

sigh...oh well, i guess i just have to keep losing till i remember what i am supposed to do vs sheik..

on a side note at least i won 5/6 vs marth. I know most all the vs marth combos and ins/outs of that fight..but sheik...uggh i hate her soooo much:\

i've heard a lot about strategy vs sheik..but what about di vs throws? getting grabbed near the edge seems to lead to death if i di that way...diing in means regrabs or i forget what else..meh hard to remember

edgeguard vs sheik..should i try? i'm wondering whether it is worth the risk to go out and try to stomp or bair or knee...knee i'm hesitant to try..that seems to scream fair to me..but anyways, i didn't really edgeguard successfully any..just comboed into kills

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
by reverse upair edgeguards do you mean out in the air or just on the edge like with wizard's foot for ganny

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
whatever works her up b comes out quick so usually you aint got time to get out and hit her while shes still double jumping. so i mean at the end of her up b. it ought be easy to predict its going over you if youre edghogging and since uair has a large range you oughta hit her no probz

if you wanna get her early tho then failed knee is the best choice

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
i'm confused what you mean the failed knee is good for...get her early when she's landing from the up - B? you mean while she's still out in the air?

i'm just confused..if the upair is just going to be used when she lands on the ledge..then aren't I better off just ledgehopping a knee? unless i want to combo or something. or maybe you mean trying to time it so the upair hits in a fashion that knocks her back off..that would require catching her before she lands

anyways, i'll try any and everything..currently all i'm doing is ledgehogging because my prior attempts at edgeguarding failed so poorly

i feel like this: at 2:25
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vsU8_T7Zw7k

question..why does he roll on? is it faster than just standing on? also it feels sometimes that if they teleport far enough they can get out of range for a ledgehopped aerial...and rolling on is too slow in taht case...so i feel like since they are already so close when double jumping to the ledge that i ought to be able to edgeguard them..but it never works..i think i got one spike in liek 6 matches...and was edgeguarded to death myself at least twice and took quite a bit of damage multiple times

however, i think i just need to stop going out unless i'm certain i can get her in the double jump..i keep misguessing the timing

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
im talking when you just knock the sheik out there, failed knee has a long duration time and if you hit her she will be knocked back even farther.

the reverse ledhopped uair is going to catch her after she exits her teleport. 1. its easy to predict and 2. the uair has a large range

and rolling increases the time GREATLY that your opponent cant grab onto the ledge

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
ah but i didn't think at that point in the match he really was likely to go for the ledge with both a platform and the ground as options

i'm kinda scared to do a failed knee..aren't her aerials going to outprioritize it?

i like the idea of using the reverse ledgehopped uair though..will try to incorporate that especially

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
well the point of failed knee is to get it out quick ur gonna wanna dash jump out right away send a knee, then fast fall or just go with it to hit her accordingly

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
so i've gotten a lot better against sheik..still not great at edgeguarding..but the rest of the game is improving..also played marth a bunch more..i'm still kinda annoyed that i can't seem to react fast enough at zero% from a dthrow on marth to do the nair combo..not without being unable to techchase if they do DI..so basically i have to decide in advance whether they will or not..

Scar

#HarveyDent
plus if you hit with the weak knee it sets you up for another knee or a quick uair.

weak knee to uair = awesome.

Top Bottom