• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I finally got videos of my Pikachu in action. (lol, Rating topic...)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Pretty good, but the falco didn't really seem like he knew what he was doing, he should've thrown you more, even on that tiny platform. I only watched the falco match so...yeah. You need to get vids up of you playing live, its easier to judge skill when there is no lag.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Pretty good, but the falco didn't really seem like he knew what he was doing, he should've thrown you more, even on that tiny platform. I only watched the falco match so...yeah. You need to get vids up of you playing live, its easier to judge skill when there is no lag.
Oh, that Falco was just having an off day, I think. I'm VERY sure of it. He's the reason I made the topic "Good God, Falco's freakin' Chainthrow!" and has handed my *** to me multiple times, on a silver platter, even.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
good pika, funny stuff sometimes, and nice usage of the short edges on dreamland to get a 44% thunder kill lol but I would say, save your smashes until you need them to kill, tilts work equally as well for range (forward anyway) But it did seem a little bit that your skill was above your opponents, which isnt saying they are bad just you knew your character better than they knew theirs. Like ESAM said, I'd be curious to fight you (I think i owe you a response on that) and see you play me...btw good job with the QAC-> Thunder, but try to mix it up by doing a double input zomg lol

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
good pika, funny stuff sometimes, and nice usage of the short edges on dreamland to get a 44% thunder kill lol but I would say, save your smashes until you need them to kill, tilts work equally as well for range (forward anyway) But it did seem a little bit that your skill was above your opponents, which isnt saying they are bad just you knew your character better than they knew theirs. Like ESAM said, I'd be curious to fight you (I think i owe you a response on that) and see you play me...btw good job with the QAC-> Thunder, but try to mix it up by doing a double input zomg lol
IMO, Down Tilt compares a bit better to F-Smash. F-Tilt is okay, but Down Tilt is A LOT closer to F-Smash's range. I used to use it a lot, actually; often coming out of a Fair. Then I found that it's much better to use D-Smash because of the damage value when it comes to 1vs1. It's good in FFA, however, where you're less open, but D-Smash also shines there with its wide range.

I should also mention that F-Tilt doesn't automatically adjust its angle to match slopes, and that it doesn't go through walls as well as F-Smash and D-Tilt.

Also, what do you mean by "Double Input"? If it's using both Quick Attacks THEN thundering, I already do that.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Double input is like, left, then down left on the ground making you go left twice i think.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
Yeah, I just didn't see that awhole lot that's all, I'm not doubting your ability to do it, was just offering it as another way to utilize the QAC thunder...and I have a problem with fair-> dtilt for some reason, I don't know why, but I can never do it, so I avoid it lol but I agree, it does hug a slope, so maybe it's situational but for me f-tilt > d-tilt on flat ground I guess

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Double input is like, left, then down left on the ground making you go left twice i think.
I didn't know that was the actual name for it. I do double inputs; in fact, I clearly recall using it to almost kill everyone in that free-for-all video. It's just that sometimes it's best to skip the extensive range, and just go with one QA, depending on opponent DI.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
True, and I may have just missed it, I was just saying that it was another option that QAC was useful for lol

Waddle Dee Army

Smash Apprentice
You seem to know the quick attack very well. Much better than me. However, the Ganongdorf did not play a very good game. He might be good, but that game was terrible because he suicided 2/3 times. I think you need better opponents.

EDIT:

In those games you were much better than your opponents. I cannot give you much advice because your Pikachu is better than mine.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Glad to see that Ganondorf wasn't my Ganondorf... I hope....
Hey Muhznit! I think I could get good with Pikachu and add yet another character to my playable list. =)
Pika's not something that can be mastered in a day, GigaRaver. I wish you the best of luck, though.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Indeed. It's quite easy to botch up Pikachu's recovery online. It's not too different from using Ness online.

And Waddle Dee Army's sig is made of win and awesome because I used to play that game at my grandparent's house.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Indeed. It's quite easy to botch up Pikachu's recovery online. It's not too different from using Ness online.

And Waddle Dee Army's sig is made of win and awesome because I used to play that game at my grandparent's house.
It's very different. For Ness you have to GUIDE the PK thunder into him and hope no one decides to crash into it before it hits you. For Pikachu, you just aim for the horn stage.

Top Bottom