• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So how many of you got Goldeneye Wii?

Richard7

Smash Ace
I "obtained it" and I don't like it. But to be fair I stopped playing after the Facility. Here's my reasons why I don't like it.

1. Horrible framerates, especially in online matches, which happen to be the most important time for good framerates.

2. Can't do 1 on 1s with friends online.

3. Isn't true to the original game or even the movie (
I'm sorry but Valentin Zukovsky is not meant to die.
) so if you're not gonna make a remake that's true to the original game or the movie, don't make one at all.

4. Inability to create your own custom button layout.

5. Inability to make put your dead zones at 0 (min is 10).

6. I could look the other way with Craig replacing Brosnan, but all the other characters don't look like how they're meant to and aren't voiced by the original actors.

Might of missed a couple of other things because I haven't played it since around the time it came out.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
It doesnt look the same to me, apparently its supposed to have the call of duty play-style, and doesn't really follow as a "remake"

Anyway, wont be buying this game.

Well sometimes we buy games thinking it'll be decent, but just end up being complete fail.

Richard7

Smash Ace
It doesnt look the same to me, apparently its supposed to have the call of duty play-style, and doesn't really follow as a "remake"

Anyway, wont be buying this game.

Well sometimes we buy games thinking it'll be decent, but just end up being complete fail.
Yeah it's pretty much a Call of Duty copy paste in terms of gameplay, + Goldeneye name and environments + loosely based on Goldeneye story = cash in.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Oddly enough, Ric, I agree with you for once.

I didn't really expect it to be amazing, but I'd hoped it'd at least pretend to be a remake of GoldenEye, not a remake of Call of Duty. It seems they were more interested in recreating the movie instead of recreating what made GE amazing (the gameplay), the fact that they presented it like they were doing the latter only makes the experience more bitter.

Anyway yeah dkr fuken ****.

Top Bottom