• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So how do you breed for IVs?

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I remember being told that when breeding, the parent's IVs help determine the IV's of the new pokemon, so how do you use this to try to obtain good IVs? Is there a forumula for calculating the approximate IVs the egg will have?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
First, you must make sure both the parents have good IVs in the stats you want. The reason for this is that when you breed, two or three IVs are passed down, one IV from one parent, and one or two from the other (it's supposed to be three every time, but sometimes both parents send the same IV and one is ignored; I'm not sure if they fixed this in DP). You cannot tell what your IVs will be until you run your poke through an IV calculator, which means it has to hatch first.

ss118

Smash Master
First, you must make sure both the parents have good IVs in the stats you want. The reason for this is that when you breed, two or three IVs are passed down, one IV from one parent, and one or two from the other (it's supposed to be three every time, but sometimes both parents send the same IV and one is ignored; I'm not sure if they fixed this in DP). You cannot tell what your IVs will be until you run your poke through an IV calculator, which means it has to hatch first.
To put it short, 3 IVs will be passed down, and it's frigg'n annoying to find them out afterwards.

EDIT: 100th post XD I'm a smash Journeyman

Top Bottom