• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So... here's my Link

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I'm more of a lurker than a poster here, but I still wanna be a good Link player. After about two months of not using Link due to me concentrating on my Mario and Ike, last week I went back to Link and it felt like falling in love with him all over again.

But I'm rusty as hell and probably nowhere near as good as I was before. So I posted up vids of My Link going against a crew member. Critique is highly encouraged. In fact, **** my Link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n-hC8euz_0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJuqW2C2sXQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OWpEFp1HvM

I'll post more vids later against other characters when I get the chance.

Miles.

Smash Champion
havent watched it yet.

dont beat yourself up before you start.

there are internet ***** and tehn there are those who will help and give useful critic.

Keep ur chin up kid.

Miles.

Smash Champion
2 things i noticed.

You sometiems throw the gale boomerang too soon after already throwin it and you shoot blanks.

dont do that. cmon learn the time it takes before you can throw it again.

and

the other thing was you throw out moves sometimes out of boredom... i am not sure (Like in 3rd vid you up b in place after landign a Dsmash)

Stay focused.

ALl in all not bad.

Nice jab cancels and Gale Rang gimps.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Only things i noticed was like, no arrows at all. A few times i felt you zair'd wayyyy too close to your opponent. Your miss ratio on your bombs and gale seem kind of high, which might mean predictability. one thing that I do sometimes, and works quite a bit is when you are close ( and moving obviously or the bomb'd hit you also ) short hop to z-drop, most people ( and for good reason. links seem to like to ***** out at's for no reason. atleast from what i've seen ) expect you to ZAC the bomb, so it actually catches them by surprise. situational, but as your mind games and metagame in general develops it'll come.

In one video you were in the air and dair'd, which the marth just simply moved away. I am not sure if it was because A) another predictability issue. it's not bad, i mean frequent opponents learn habbits. you just have to always keep that in mind, which I am sure you know being as that applies to all characters. Or B) you threw that dair pretty **** high, and his dair comes down, pretty **** slow, lol.

Only other thing is that I saw you do a DAC once so I know you know what they are and how to do them. But I saw you set people up at such nice spacing for it, and proceded to just dash attack or zair.

def. not a bad link in anyway, i'd just say practice as much as possible. that's really the answer to everything in brawl though, haha. i find rewatching well known links videos helps along with keeping a video log of your link from first pick up to present day. really shows improvement, which gives people confidence, which will in turn make you practice more, get better, have more videos, wash, repeat, etc., etc.

also tournaments, they will make everyone better.

go southern links btw :p

EDIT - one last thing i forgot. many, many times did I see you get marth, wayyyy the **** out there,, you gale gaurded, good, but I would have also edge hogged/zairgaurded the ledge. easyyyyy KO's. yep

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
@PKMNIRL: That 3rd video was me trying to pull out a bomb but my finger slipping, lol.

@WEMP: Thanks for the insightful post. Yeah, I know about the DAC, but I'm not confident in it. If you see me do a running grab, that's me screwing up DAC. The dash attacks were intentional though. Lastly, I sometimes intentionally missing with the boomerang for mindgames and to make good use of the pushback if I want my opponent closer to me but I don't want it to seem obvious.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
@PKMNIRL: That 3rd video was me trying to pull out a bomb but my finger slipping, lol.

@WEMP: Thanks for the insightful post. Yeah, I know about the DAC, but I'm not confident in it. If you see me do a running grab, that's me screwing up DAC. The dash attacks were intentional though. Lastly, I sometimes intentionally missing with the boomerang for mindgames and to make good use of the pushback if I want my opponent closer to me but I don't want it to seem obvious.
Firstly, I screw up the DAC all the time too, so you're not the only one. I hardly ever use it for that reason.
Second, the boomerang is a vital tool in Link's arsenal. Try not to intentionally miss with it-- it takes too long to become reusable. Shoot arrows or throw bombs in random directions, but I'd say keep the boomerang to yourself. ;)

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
good link, umm watch Fiins7 videos, he has a really nice Ledge game, and it seems like you avoided the ledge. Marth's fairs are pretty evil though. Jab Canceling into more jabs is so freaking sweet.

sasook

Smash Champion
good link, umm watch Fiins7 videos, he has a really nice Ledge game, and it seems like you avoided the ledge. Marth's fairs are pretty evil though. Jab Canceling into more jabs is so freaking sweet.
Blubba's another guy who's good at both of those.

-___-" @ blubba lol

Top Bottom