• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So Ganon's been a secondary of mine for a few monthes....

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
and depending on what happens to his moveset in Brawl, he may become a main(behind IC of course).

Anyways, I've got a few questions.

1. Okay, you can rising SHBair/Uair > DJ aerial. Can you waveland the rising bair/Uair though? Everytime I try, it doesn't work but it makes no sense to be able to DJ out of an aerial but not waveland it. Is there a severe frame window or is it just impossible?

2. How beneficial are platformed stages to Ganon's game? I find myself using them alot, since p-wavedashing makes Ganon feel much more fluid. What's everyone else's stance?

Klowne

Smash Journeyman
1. No idea, i've always wondered that as well. I've personally never been able to pull off a waveland from those either.

2. Most would say ganondorf's platform game is very helpful, and i personally agree. However, it seems like lots of ganons like to go FD and tech chase, so i guess it can't be THAT important.

My answers were vague and i probably don't even know what i'm talking about, so hopefully someone else can come in here and help us.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Agree that stages with platforms really improve Ganon's games cause he's able to travel across the stage quicker and safer. My thoughts :/

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
ganon cannot be a secondary character. he is tooooooooo good. he demands too be first.

1. oh it is indeed possible. i do it all the time. since it seems like you wont be able to make it. most people would prolly charge in but the timing is easy. i prefer to bair with it. Bair with the control stick always then hold diagonal or if you think you can stick the perf waveland go for it.

2. platforms are ganons friends. DL64 is a great ganon stage because the platforms are spaced in a way so you can perf wave land each one with ease. FD is not as good as platformed stages but with proper spacing and the right amount of mindgames, getting to ganon is a job better said than done.

3.hope i helped =)

Magus420

Smash Master
1. You can't waveland a SH aerial on level ground. The reason you can doublejump out of a b/u-air but not waveland is because you can interrupt the move during the IASA window with a jump but not with an airdodge. The IASA frame on both occurs before you land from a SH if done as you leave the ground, but the full duration of the move will always be more than your airtime allows. So yes, it is impossible.

Full jump definitely works though, which is probably what KIngGerudo is thinking of. You can also doublejump right after leaving the ground from the jump into it and be able to do it if you really want tho since you only need a tiny bit more airtime (u-air only needs like 1 more and b-air 3). Overall I find these 2 moves really shine best when SHFF autocancelled while c-sticking them, and utilize empty shorthops along with them to get your wavelands anyway.

2. Besides platform dashing which everyone mentioned, Ganon ***** at punishing people who land on platforms/get stuck above him. They land on one they are going to feel some pain...often a lot.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
1. Wavelanding a any short hopped aerial is impossible, i've tested in AR a long time ago. However, you can simulate a waveland, although essentially it is just a quick airdodge into the ground. If you jump during the IASA window, then airdodge into the ground 1 frame after initiating, then it will look like a short waveland. I would never use it in battle though.

Also, to add to that, if you full jump a rising bair, double jump a second bair immediately, you have enough time to waveland that and it looks really cool when you chain them together.

2. I love platform stages, then make Ganon so much scarier because of how he flies across the stage, and nobody wants to be above him.

Top Bottom