• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So does anyone play PM exclusively on a WiiU/mayflash adapter? How is it?

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
I bought a wiiu yesterday and would like to get rid of my wii, since the only thing i use it for is PM.

Anyone willing to chime in?

in b4 "just keep your wii". Not if i dont have to.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I think its safer to play on the wii... Plus why the hell do you want to get rid of THE BEST CONROLLER IN GAMING HISTORY??!!!!!!16(35:dhg/\((4;)4$@$;

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Stahp it, plus I see no reason on why not keeping both

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
I'm planning on getting a adapter when ssb4 comes out. I don't see a point in getting one atm, unless my wii somehow gets bricked or broken.

I've read that a few people experienced lag, and a few people didn't notice any. If there is lag it might just be the hdtv.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Double tap pause should totally be a thing as a PM Code. Not so as to prevent rage quits, but rather to prevent accidental hand slips (Not something I've experienced personally, but others I know have).

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Which Mayflash adapter?

GC-> Wii U doesn't work on Project M because PM runs in vWii and GC->CCP doesn't have analog shoulder support.

SMOE

Smash Rookie
Which Mayflash adapter?

GC-> Wii U doesn't work on Project M because PM runs in vWii and GC->CCP doesn't have analog shoulder support.

Are you sure? I know that Melee running through Devolution has functioning analog shoulders on Wii U.

Ruin_BW

Smash Rookie
I have a Wii U and play with the mayflash adapters. I have run into issues using the adapter through a Wii motion plus controller, like holding down a button does not always register, and from time to time it will double press. That has huge impacts on game play, like using up double jumps instead of short hopping, not being able to charge smash attacks, and every now and then when I am really unlucky it will stutter while charging solar beam (stops registering the B button then sensing it again) and it'll fire the beam off. I'm going to borrow a friends normal wiimote and see if I run into the same issues.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
I have a Wii U and play with the mayflash adapters. I have run into issues using the adapter through a Wii motion plus controller, like holding down a button does not always register, and from time to time it will double press. That has huge impacts on game play, like using up double jumps instead of short hopping, not being able to charge smash attacks, and every now and then when I am really unlucky it will stutter while charging solar beam (stops registering the B button then sensing it again) and it'll fire the beam off. I'm going to borrow a friends normal wiimote and see if I run into the same issues.

Its weird to me how wii motion plus causes so many damn problems.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
My skyward sword wii motion+ works fine with it. I've never had any button inputs go wrong. I get minor input lag from my HDTV, which is normal.

I use the hackless P:M method, the only downside is how long it takes to get into wii mode and actually launch the game :\

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
I have 2 of these adapter and they work perfectly fine after some tinkering.

1. I'd invest in a normal wii remote. Wii motion plus remotes are sketchy, sometimes it takes forever for the controller to register it's plugged in. My normal wiimote is an instant connection.

2. I've heard that lag may very well be because of your TV.

I play at a friends house on his normal wii on weekends and have no problem adjusting, it feels exactly as it does when I play on my mayflash at home. So that makes me assume the lag is so minuscule that it shouldn't be affecting your gameplay. So that's my 2¢

Top Bottom