• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So brawl has no tech skill? Part 2

Massiveguns

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-AtpbOzPZI&fmt=18

My full attempt to create a technical video for brawl.

The technique where falco cancels his illusion at the ledge is like wolfs and i just call it "Illusion Stepping" because you step out of your illusion.

Any ideas for how to improve this film would be greatly appreciated.

If you just want to say this is a piece of **** tell me why.... or just ***** me out and get ignored w.e.

ADHD

Smash Hero
That was cruel, whoever you are you know how to fight diddy :(

This actually looks useful every now and then

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
you are using the word "technical" incorrectly, i'm afraid
that word usually means things that are difficult to do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyVLKgr3BEQ
*Look's at signature*

Hey Lovage...You actually got Isai to play Melee with you? I thought all he played was 64!

Massivegun: The only thing that kinda surprised me was the lasering on the platform...Other than that...It's just normal Brawl stuff. :/

R4ZE

Smash Ace
I liked the video massive

If nothing else its a nice display of what falco is capable of. (and honestly im not sure everyone is aware)

Daea

Smash Cadet
W/o using the c-stick set to specials, is there an input for the short hop laser trick you did? The one while running away from your opponent first and then bouncing back towards him while lasering?

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
The one while running away from your opponent first and then bouncing back towards him while lasering?
you press B then tap the control stick in the opposite direction. I don't know exactly what it's called but I call it rebounding. Works great with Bowser and wolf.

Massiveguns

Smash Apprentice
W/o using the c-stick set to specials, is there an input for the short hop laser trick you did? The one while running away from your opponent first and then bouncing back towards him while lasering?
I didn't set C stick to specials. It is done by hitting the opposite direction right after using your laser.

Don't talk about melee here please.....

Captainbrawl

Smash Apprentice
I love how people always have to compare brawl to melee.
They are 2 VERY different games.
@NJ. OK? was that post really worth your time?

Anyway, I liked it, Phantasm cancelling on the edge of battle field was nice.
More things i need to get down.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Or don't bother with tricks that are so situational that you will never employ them. Falco has some advanced techs that really help you, but his metagame isn't dominated by necessary ones. It's better to play intelligently than technically in this game.

Also, no one really said anything about melee, so I don't know why you guys are bringing it up. Other than asking about Isai coming out of retirement, it wasn't really mentioned. Melee fan boys don't fail either, because the same could be said about brawl fan boys. It's all preference.

Massiveguns

Smash Apprentice
Or don't bother with tricks that are so situational that you will never employ them. Falco has some advanced techs that really help you, but his metagame isn't dominated by necessary ones. It's better to play intelligently than technically in this game.

Also, no one really said anything about melee, so I don't know why you guys are bringing it up. Other than asking about Isai coming out of retirement, it wasn't really mentioned. Melee fan boys don't fail either, because the same could be said about brawl fan boys. It's all preference.
ya i just wanted to make sure everyone knew the game had room for technical development, but you are definitely right, its very much dominated by intelligence and not technical skill.

Top Bottom