• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So after 64, Melee, Brawl...

Sans Glutin

Smash Ace
Are you serious? It's kind of obvious isn't it? It's a projectile, and a good one at that. With all of the various angles you can throw it in, it's incredibly versatile. With decent hitstun, it's good to start combos, keep them going, and thwart people trying to approach. In Melee there was a lot of tricks you could do with the Egg Throw and there still are a lot in Brawl.

Egg Throw Slide (Spacing tool where you do what is almost exactly like a wavedash while throwing an egg)
Edge Cancelled Eggs (Dropping down from the ledge and quickly throwing an egg to hit opponents on the stage)
Recovering (It can give good horizontal and a little bit of vertical distance in Brawl when you use it in the air)

And there will be so much more to be discovered I am sure.

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
The great thing about it is that it can be used for, well, everything. It's good (if not essential) for a solid recovery, to begin with. Then, a short egg is good for stopping an approach or an impending grab, as well as starting your own combo. A long egg can aid in edgeguarding or in juggling. And, of course, it works well as a general stalling projectile, as it gives good damage.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I'm going to basically pretend that you meant DOWN B, because my brain refuses to register the original post.

To be honest, down-B has limited functionality. I generally restrict its usage to rapidly dropping to the edge, punishing bad lag, and accidently plummeting to oblivion.

Something Bigman's videos taught me is using it directly after a spot-dodge since it hits on the way up now.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Hmmm, in 64 I didn't use them much since they were slow. But they had ENORMOUS knockback in 64 and had a loud sound that went with it, but all in all in 64 I very rarely used any of yoshi's specials.

Melee, yeah good for juggling off the stage, friends would call me mr. egg McMuffin when I'd do that, kinda stupid but I'd chuckle. and I loved to do the egg throw to a dash Upsmash for the kill, the stun in melee on the egg was pretty much unfair.

Brawl, recovery much? now it's not only for fancy tricks but helps in survival and I use it alot. It's also really good when someone's approaching from the air, it'll stall TL's annoying Dair if you throw it straight up and that's why I tend to use it for most in that match-up.

cobaltstarfire

Smash Rookie
Yeah, the eggs have always been neat, and I love that they function as an extra jump now (at first I was a little meh but I likes them now!). That little booste seems like lightyears sometimes.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
I used to combo an egg into a f-air spike in Melee. Almost unfair since it was a true combo and f-air was a guaranteed spike. Too bad I can't do in Brawl because of the reduced hitstun and the new f-air.

Eggs still rock. Great anti-approach and anti-air move.

IceAge

Smash Cadet
Egg throw to Nair or upair still works for me, time to time. Its DIed out of sometimes too. If that happens, I can dash attack or dash upsmash. If both of those options aren't good, then well, I'll just set up more egg throws.

Top Bottom