• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So... About that Animal Crossing...

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
Link to original post: [drupal=700]So... About that Animal Crossing...[/drupal]

Alrighty then, this is my second official blog post. YAY!! Sophomore efforts!!

ANYHOW, today, I would like to share some thoughts on the upcoming Animal Crossing: City Folk for Wii. Seeing as it's Nintendo's only in-house developed title this holiday season, I might as well share my opinions.

I think this could work, MAYBE, if they opened up the online play. Spore, for instance, allows you to import the creations of others at random, even if you have no idea. This was a great idea, and the crap I see is really cool. If this was to happen with user-created patterns, I think a lot of gems would emerge, and a feature that is already pretty big would become a genuine selling point (read: bullet point on the back of the game box). Don't stop there, either. Make your own patterned sofas, lampshades, whatever. The overall experience would be drastically improved, and I would really love the series even more.

Second, make Wii-Speak function online as well as offline. Maybe you could leave soundbites for visitors, voicemail for friends, the list is endless. While it may be too late, consider a patch at least, which brings me to my next point:

MAKE COMPANY-CONTROLLED ONLINE NOT SUCK!! I know it's hard to imagine Nintendo doing online right, but if Katsuya Eguchi (the director of the game) has promised downloadable furniture, items, etc., then a patch isn't unlikely. Wild World's online play did require a few small tweaks, mostly server-related, but patching the game on occasion wouldn't be a bad thing at all. It would save face and actually make Nintendo look like a company that can do online play right.

I really hope my ideas are realized in at least some way, shape or form. And if not, well, I'll just buy a PS3. Consider City Folk your last chance to impress me, Nintendo.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It would ... make Nintendo look like a company that can do online play right.
That would either...

A) Be completely false
or
B) Be completely true and moments later cause the entire universe to implode.

In other words, Nintendo sucks at online and for them to do any better would be blasphemy.

But yeah, I agree. They ought to step up the online, and REVAMP THE PATTERN SYSTEM, FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE! I want a FULL PALLET of colors to work with, instead of the BS 12 colors at a time system. I want to be able to recreate a Super Metroid Samus sprite to wear on my shirt. With the current selection of colors, Super Metroid Samus looks rather 8-bit instead of the 16-bit it should be.
Other steps on the pattern system, like those you mentioned, need to be done as well. I like the idea of getting random patterns -- hopefully it's not hard to imagine, since they did that with Brawl (albeit in a slightly different fashion than most situations like that).

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
Amen!!

I TOTALLY 100% AGREE!!
Let's start a club!!

I want to make a mona lisa on my shirt, and impressionist art on my umbrella!

Top Bottom