• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake's taunts.

iMichael

Smash Lord
I actually like the fact that taunts are now kind of used for gamplay...sort of like Luigi's is a meteor smash. The box that Snake is going to use could be used to get out of situations.....

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
First off smokings bad. Poor Kid. Secondly I'm pretty sure a box isn't going to be his taunt. In the snake joins the brawl video mario is seen pulling the box off of snake as if it's an item. As far as i've known, snake cant magically make items unless this is something they decided he could do... Finally, also in the snake joins the brawl video he is seen w/ that "!" above his head and he jumps up into his cypher and flys away. I think the "!" will probably be one of his taunts that'll be exploited by all the crazy kids who love annoying noises. Just kinda makes sense to me since the "!" is one of snakes trademark icons.
Wasn't the box confirmed in the 3 different taunts update?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
We don't know the last taunt and we won't know until we get the game.
BTW smoking is bad for Snake too. Ironically, his health decreases whenever he smokes.

iMichael

Smash Lord
First off smokings bad. Poor Kid. Secondly I'm pretty sure a box isn't going to be his taunt. In the snake joins the brawl video mario is seen pulling the box off of snake as if it's an item. As far as i've known, snake cant magically make items unless this is something they decided he could do... Finally, also in the snake joins the brawl video he is seen w/ that "!" above his head and he jumps up into his cypher and flys away. I think the "!" will probably be one of his taunts that'll be exploited by all the crazy kids who love annoying noises. Just kinda makes sense to me since the "!" is one of snakes trademark icons.
Dude the box was already confirmed as one of his taunts and you double posted. I'm pretty sure his second taunt will be the one where he rubs his chin or scratches it or whatever.

D.Q

Smash Apprentice
i think a ike taunt clone is in order
the bandanna has to float a while

=Snake=

Smash Cadet
1. Scratch his chin and strike a ponderous pose..

2. Hold his lower back and stretch a bit with a painful grunt.

3. Cardboard box.

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
List thus far :
The Box.
The Smokes.
Tightens Bandanna.
Uses Codec.
Scratches Beard.
Salute.

My Ideas :

Punches around (Jab Jab Kick.)
If anyone remembers what he says in MGS3 when he eats good food. *Takes Bite* "I want some more!"
Reloads gun.
If anyone plays MGS you'll know Snake is famous for saying "..." and grunting.
Maybe he'll pull out a ration and eat it (Ration sound effect even plays xD)

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
"!" is an absolute must for me.

Taking a smoke = won't happen in a million years

Box = ?I dunno. I suppose its possible.?

Other possibilities: Ocelot hand gesture, Snake-like grunt, adjusts bandana and does a cool pose

bayonettrials

Smash Cadet
Wow, guys guys guys.. come on now... we all know what Snakes Taunts are going to be..

A**cheek Flexing

Its quite obvious.

**Edit: In regards to the smoke taunt, Very (Very) unlikely; but if it was in it would be cool if you could hold the taunt for an infinite amount of time, and he took damage while smoking.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Why would Snake "!" ?
Have you ever played a MG game?
Also I guess he might get one of his victory poses from VR missions.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Why would Snake "!" ?
Have you ever played a MG game?
Also I guess he might get one of his victory poses from VR missions.
Um because thats something Snake is known to have in his games. Why would Mario grow huge? Why would Sonic run in place? It's their trademark thing. Oh....I've played all of the Metal Gears to answer your question. By all...I mean Metal Gear Solid (1998 on Playstation), Metal Gear Solid VR Missions (1999 Playstation), Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and I'm going to get Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the patriots. I don't plan on buying his spin-offs (Metal Gear Acid, Metal Gear Solid PO)

Bluerockworld

Smash Apprentice
Box: it all makes sense in there
Showtime!
codec?
Dunno what might make it, but it all seems cool!
I need sissors 61!!!

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
The chin rub needs to have his grunt "hmmmm...."
His box is a taunt.

I personally want Ocelot's Gesture as one, with Colonel screaming "TIME PARADOX!!!"

DQP

Smash Ace
a codec taunt taunt would be cool. but what else? by the way, how do think crawling will work?

RyNo 86

Smash Journeyman
What are you guys talking about. The box isn't a taunt, it's the ultimate move. Sneak up behind enemy, enemy not looking, pop out and snap enemies neck. Have any of you guys even played an MGS game before.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
What are you guys talking about. The box isn't a taunt, it's the ultimate move. Sneak up behind enemy, enemy not looking, pop out and snap enemies neck. Have any of you guys even played an MGS game before.
Every single one including the handhelds

I even have the Digital Graphic Novel :)

And yessss Snake is meant to be sneaky, if you can't wait for brawl and haven't played Metal Gear Solid games here is your chance

Kruton

Smash Ace
All three taunts are boxes. uberpwn boxes ;)

(btw, people can pick up your box and use it as an item hahaha)

Mike87

Smash Ace
Lol right because Smoking cigars are rated 18+, I mean come on I see people smoking everyday, Im prettys ure a little kid's seen it too. And no one is ******** enough to start smoking because he saw a brawl character do it :|
Actually, the reasoning behind that goes back a looooooooooooooong time. To the Time of the Malboro Cowboys and Joe the Camel. The message was "cool people smoke, so if you want to be cool, smoke"

LOL only 2% damage.
So I guess Luigi isnt alone when it comes to damaging taunts.

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
Each taunt has Snake pull the box from a slightly different location.
The position he hides in is also different. For instance, with the down taunt, he has one hand on the ground and one hand holding the box. With left/right, he does the same thing but grabs the box with both hands.

Basically, the developers got lazy.

Down-taunt is the one that does the special sequence in the Shadow Moses stage. Either you don't need to do it in exactly 1 frame or I got lucky.

Top Bottom