• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake's Codec Conversations

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
You guys will forgive my noob question, but how do you actually activate them? Ever since yesterday, I've been searching the Internet and this forum(this was my last resort), and all I get are half-baked answers like, "Oh, it's the same as Fox in Melee", etc. That's great if you know how to do it, but I don't. I need a conclusive, 100% sure answer, because this is driving me nuts.

Someone else said you do Up+Down+Up on your taunts, like to switch from Samus to ZSS, but I tried that and Snake just goes into his box as soon as I press Up+taunt. Then I tried it with Samus just to see if I was doing it right, and she just taunts. Doesn't ever shed her armor. I assume I'm doing it wrong, it would be nice if someone could explain.

Can somebody help me out? I'd love to see these conversations for myself without just spoiling them on Youtube.

Much appreciated.

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
1) For the Samus armor, you got to to it extremely fast.

2) Down taunt for one frame to get the Codec conversations.

Giga Hand

Smash Journeyman
What he said. I'm just emphasising it.

1) For the Samus armor, you got to to it extremely fast.

2) Down taunt for one frame to get the Codec conversations.

3) I LIKE PIE!!!!

SWBeta

Smash Rookie
I just mashed left, right, left taunts like crazy for the codec calls.

For ZSS, I mash up, down, up.

Yunaleskamodern

Smash Rookie
Incase no one answered you allready,

*you have to do it in shadow moses, in addition to everything allready stated here
and it only works ocne per round,
if you get hit while kneeling he will stand up and the call wont go through

Snake's codec in this game is seriously the best thing, like, ever LIKE EVER

Yunaleskamodern

Smash Rookie
yes
down taunt extremely lightly, like a flick (1 frame)
anywhere on the map, as long as its snakes map
Once per match, and if you are hit durring the kneel no call and thats it

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
Thanks for all the responses, guys, I finally got it to work.

I guess I'll reiterate it from the viewpoint of one who couldn't get it working before. You just keep flicking down taunt and it'll work eventually. It usually takes a couple of tries, and you definitely can't do it in the middle of a legit match, but it's pretty cool.

Also, tell your friends to kill you in the middle of the transmission, it's pretty cool >.>

Top Bottom