• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake's Chaingrab (?)

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
I came up with the idea in training mode, the first hit of Snake's jab has somewhat of a 'stun' effect to it, will that allow for another grab? I tried it out on Fox in training mode (level 3 I think) and it seemed to work. What I did was grab->attack until they get out of the grab->first hit of A-combo->Dash grab/extended dash grab (I'm not sure of the name of the tech, it's when you dash, push down on the C-Stick and grab) It seemed to work just fine in training mode.

I then tried it out on my brother, he used Fox and to my surprise, it worked. It works best at lower percents, at higher percents, it can be DI'd out of.

I tried it on the other Space Animals (Falco and Wolf), it worked sometimes with Falco, but sometimes my brother could get out with a jump or an F-Tilt. Wolf would move too far back after the 'beating' during the grab. I then tried it on DeDeDe and it did work, but I still have my doubts. I'm hoping someone else can try this out, with Fox as well. My brother says he was DI-ing in the opposite direction I was throwing him in and that he was trying to jump a lot.

We then tried the CG with Sonic, sonics Tilts and A Combo could get him out of the grab. Maybe characters with fast attacks can get out?

Anywho, if you have some free time or wish to debunk this, pelase do. So far, it's been super effective on Fox and scores a LOT of damage.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I would assume if a character can get out with fast attacks, they could get out with a spot dodge or possible a shield as well. I think characters can purposefully jump break from your grab if they time their jumps right inbetween grab jab hits.

Of course, I haven't tested this yet, but I do not think the jab lets you stun enough for them to be caught by another grab. Maybe if they are close enough to where you don't need to dash but I still have some doubts.

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I have a lot of doubts too, I don't think my brother even tried spot dodging.

Also, I'm wondering if this will work with F-Tilt, but I don't think you can grab people when they trip for a second.

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
I'm honestly not sure how the jump break works. I don't get grabbed/beaten too much, sometimes I jump out, sometimes I don't.

My brother tried to jump out of the punch, so I'm guessing he was just mashing jump and that didn't work.

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
If your timing is off, though, you lead off to the second punch, which has little-to-no stun, while you have a longer recovery time, thus giving your opponent a free hit.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Much like GaW's d-throw to jab...

You can escape it, maybe even punish it. But it is not always seen coming, and is free damage if you pull it off and a good mixup.

Key word mixup, not a main grab game so don't rely on it.

Top Bottom