• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake vs. Fox

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
You made it seem like Fox can't grab or land behind your shield or just laser your shield until it's low.

You made Fox sound like Zelda imo
Fox sucks yo. almost as bad as zelda

he's strictly mindgames, no natural advantages in the matchup besides his ability to kill early

if snakes spaces correctly and doesn't get mindgamed, fox isn't getting many grabs off

if you're in the air above me going past my shield, you're getting pivot grabbed all day

and if snake stays in fox's face, he won't really be lasering very much lest he get punished

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Meh our matches were close MVD I fell into a lot of bad habits like rolling when I knew you were waiting for it lmao ggs though. The matchup is even and it is hard for both characters honestly. They are both good characters at that and they can cover eachothers options really well. TKD use to lose to Tlako a Snake player in Mexico, when I say this mu is even I am dead *** lol. We can combo you and wrack up all the damage we want, but we always put ourself at risk when we get in because one mistake equals a chunk of damage.

Wilmenz

Smash Journeyman
I forgot about telling you guys a detail... DON'T DACUS AT KILL %. Fox can just shield it,Usmash OOS or run up to you before the DACUS is done and Upsmash you...

DiskaSM

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I used to have trouble with this MU, not as much anymore. My experiences are kind of like those of the other people here.

I haven't found mortar to be really useful in this MU. I think Fox's dair and nair(?) cancel it... so it's not a good approach blocker. Nades aren't really that useful either unless Fox is trying to utilt spam on Snake or is being stupid and wildly approaching with attacks. I like to use my c4 as I can since it kills Fox earlier than utilt. however most of the time I like be up close, abusing the range of ftilt (just don't get grabbed), or tech chasing if I can. Tech chasing is really good vs Fox. You can also shield grab quite a lot in this MU I find, since Fox's range isn't good. Pivot grabs are also really good, I use them a lot vs him. Stay out of the air! I've died so many times cause of this. Also, Fox's jumps are really high and super fast. Be careful in your recovery vs him. Most of the time a Fox will try to either uair or bair you out of cypher. Both kill really decently, especially bair. Watch out for that.

If the Fox does laser on the ground and I'm close enough I just run in for the grab/dash attack. the extra damage doesn't really matter to me cause he takes more than I do. Just throwing that out there.

In general, yeah, be pretty close. Don't try camping him back unless the player is really stupid... it won't work. You'll take more damage. Stay on the ground, use lots of ftilt, and lots of grabs. This MU is pretty close to even, if it's not even it's maybe 55:45 Snake but I'm not sure it's even Snake's advantage. They counter each other pretty well, imo.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
55-45 Snake.

Fox's lasers do interupt Snakes nades, but a snake can pull out a nade, wait 1 second, ledge drop then throw the grenade at Fox and by that time it's too late to shine it because it would've already exploded. Fox can kill Snake at about 120% I beilve from fresh, Snake u-tilt kills Fox at about 105% if fresh. His f-tilt hitbox is super broken and Fox is very light so it's hard to come back from that. Fox's dair is also super effective on snake because I think it stuns him more than other characters for some reason. Snake's dthrow is super annoying especially if you get tech chased with you. Ik my input is meh but if you play Fox against Snake you would know the feeling. I'm sure Snake feels just as pressured but hey, at least you can duck under lasers-_-

Btw Snake definatley KO's Fox faster on Halberd with U-tilt than Fox does with Usmash.

napZzz

Smash Hero
fox can camp evenly with snake if not win, its a back and forth battle that comes player to player and a feel like fox is very effective at putting pressure on snake and juggling him

too bad people over rate snake and go wtf ftilt that always does 21% thats a move you can only hit good players with on block most of the time and an utilt thats totes the most consistent kill move because O you get them at the lowest percent

dont forget his being fat that works in his favor because of how big and ****ty he is to play with in the air

i'd put it at 5/5

KMFBrawler

Smash Journeyman
I expect Fox A tier by next tier list since every MU of his is 50-50 or his favor. Besides the 3 bad matchups
I don't think that Fox is that great:
Easy to kill, not the best recovery ever, predictable gameplay. You just need to look out for aerials and U-Smash, IMO.

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified

Fox can camp extremely well with lasers. He has above average recovery options, with his fair and shine stalling. Not to mention his FireFox and phantasm goes farther than Falcos. Fox has really good combo ability too.

Top Bottom