• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake strategies vs. other projectile characters

SirPsychoMantis

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing Snake a lot and I played as him for the first time yesterday in a tournament, came in 5th of 12. I got beaten by Zelda then Pit.

Against Zelda I had a hard time with the constant din's fire flying at me and I could not get a good strategy to counter it.

Any tips/strategies for fights like these?

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
Try powershielding. Get some grenades in while you're at it. That way, they'll have to concentrate on not getting hit, and that's when you move in and take control.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
watch my matches vs doppelganger he's a real good zelda and I always beat him haha

all our matches on youtube are tournament matches too

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Try dash shielding, throw grenades also. Run up to him, put your shield up, and wait to see what he does. Punish from there.

DrakeFreedom

Smash Cadet
i suggest Gernade dropping and waiting and throwing the gernade at the point of the explosion this might help even out the projectiles thrown around. Another strategy can be placing your mines/c4 in certain places and claiming the area where it is safe so she is more concerned in getting to a more secure area than spamming her din's fire, this last strategy would work better in small areas like final destination if you can try to visualize my idea.

Mosarani

Smash Cadet
If it's pit, crawl around and find a spot for your c4, make him come to you or get up and be ready to dashattack into mortar. For olimar and zelda throw grenades and watch for the opening. Snake's dash attack is nearly as quick an approach as sheik's in melee.

RAAR

Smash Apprentice
This is the true test of us snake players. As we all know with othere charicters we just keep dodging and eventually become inpatient and run up and attack witch works sometimes but snake doesn't play that way. Make sure you have land mines and C4 planted to controle more of the map.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Use prone and crawl wisely , especially vs spammers or following up to edgeguard. Trust me, it works (cept with Zelda's godly side-b :p)

SirPsychoMantis

Smash Apprentice
Some good tips here, the problem is many things don't work against Zelda's side-b spam. It is hard to cook grenades or drop throw them with the constant din's fire. Also as rusty said, crawling does not help against din's fire either.

I guess the best strategy against Zelda will be to stay up close and avoid her crazy up smash.

markus96

Smash Rookie
I've noticed that if you shield drop a grenade, and then pick it back up, you have better mobility. You can crouch with it, double jump, etc, like it's any other old item. I don't know, I find it's useful against some projectile people, but I never play any good Zeldas.

Kruton

Smash Ace
With thinner projectiles, like Link, TL, and Pit's bow, and Fox and Falco's blaster, you can simply crawl to advance to them while missing every projectile.

Pit's bow will require a little mindgames, like crawling, then jumping, then crawling again, something like that, because you want to confuse the Pit player.

All other projectiles you can either a) spot dodge b) jump c) powershield advancement (not that hard) d) use nikita to block projectiles

Top Bottom