• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake is overrated too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverlordCrono

Smash Cadet
Reasoning #1) His camping skills can be thwarted. Nikita can be dodged or deflected easily, and Grenades can be overcome with spacing and timing. Mixed together can be tricky, but not nearly impossible. Its countered even more so with characters that have great projectiles like Falco and R.O.B., and others can also approach by air ala Meta Knight.

Reasoning #2) Mind games make a important part of a Snake's arsenal. C4 and Mines are used to disrupt the opponent's tempo, and to make them go where exactly the Snake wants them to go. And yet, a smart player can actually use this to their own advantage, as by giving the image that your "under their control" you can anticipate what the Snake is going to do, and counter it. His Mines can be used against him, and C4 goes off eventually if not used. Snake is at a disadvantage when his mind games are halted.

Reasoning #3) His recovery is not as wonderful as people say. The Cypher may have Super Armor, but a Smash can still knock him right off it, plus I'm sure most know about how grabbing can gimp it easily. C4'ing himself is actually a double-edged sword, so to speak, as you're actually inflicting damage on yourself at the same time, and even the smallest amount of % can make the difference between winning and losing in Smash.

Reasoning #4) He's predictable on the ground. If Snake isn't in the air or he isn't camping with projectiles, he'll probably Mortar Slide or F-tilt, depending on the distance between him and the opponent. Knowing this, you can effectively react and punish him accordingly.

I'm not saying he's crap or anything, Snake is a good character, its just that he's not as uber-godlike as many claim him to be, and I consider Snake to be one of my best match ups. Though if anybody would like to show me otherwise, I'll gladly play you a match online sometime. :p

CouRt

Smash Cadet
stay in the meta knight forums.
you make a couple valid points but snake is still one of the best.
and you can mix up his jab combo with tilting and such.
and meta knight, SURE he can attack snake in the air, but the point is meta knight will still have to ATTACK snake.
keep that in mind.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Much easier said than done.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
I like the point your making that Snake isn't godlike, but your reasons are flawed. How for instance do you ' counter an F Tilt' effectively. Its range and power make this near impossible for most characters.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Funny, because I just was told by Teh_Spammerer that you can punish Snake's F-tilt with Mario's pivoted F-smash. =P

Yeah Snake is overrated. At least by the people who say he's the best character in the game.

OverlordCrono

Smash Cadet
stay in the meta knight forums.
you make a couple valid points but snake is still one of the best.
and you can mix up his jab combo with tilting and such.
and meta knight, SURE he can attack snake in the air, but the point is meta knight will still have to ATTACK snake.
keep that in mind.
Who made you emperor? I like checking the other character forums. >.>

I know that Snake can mix his jabs and tilts, but that doesn't change anything when you know it's coming and can counter it. And when MK does attack Snake, nevertheless, he'll have to do something about it. But I'm not getting into the whole MK vs. Snake debate.

Much easier said than done.
I have a decent amount of experience with Snakes, so I'm not boasting or anything of the sort.

I like the point your making that Snake isn't godlike, but your reasons are flawed. How for instance do you ' counter an F Tilt' effectively. Its range and power make this near impossible for most characters.
Everything has a counter, or at least thats what I believe. Spacing/rolling then punishing works, and there is char-specific ones like Mario's pivot F-Smash that was just mentioned that can do the job well.

OverlordCrono

Smash Cadet
^I'm just trying to prove Snake isn't God like a lot of people think he is, that's all. He's awesome, just not almighty. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom