• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake in Teams

EastCoastEddie

Smash Journeyman
I've recently picked up Snake and I've been struggling with him in teams. I feel like a lot of my good setups and traps I use can use effectively in 1v1 take too long or are ruined by the chaos that 2v2 brings.

Is Snake meant to merely add to the chaos or does he have to try to utilize more quick and dirty setups that are used effectively? I know I can always work on my C4 setups but in general I feel like I need to team with someone fast who can better dictate the pace of the match so I can punish the crap out of people because I think Snake is probably the best punisher in the game. But in general I'm trying to be more quick and efficient. Instead of trying to think 3 or 4 moves ahead I can only really think 2 moves ahead since that's usually all I have time for.

Is it worth using the Down Smash mine? Or is it too big a risk to kill yourself/teammate in teams? What about the Side B rockets?

I have noticed that the Snake's Up B is pretty good at saving teammates but I'm hesitant to use it because being off the stage with Snake in 2v2 kinda sucks.

Sorry if the quandaries are a bit much. Trying to get some good discussion going here. :)

leelue

Smash Lord
Stick the enemies, don't waste time with the other explosives unless you're absolutely sure you're being useful.
Don't be afraid to tell your partner to hit the guy you stuck upwards.

JTsm

Smash Master
With dsmash working so fast in this game, I don't think it's the greatest idea for teams.
With what leelue said, C4 sticking an opponent and telling your teammate to hit upwards is a great idea.
Using grenades are actually good if you're trying break off pressure or help out a teammate that's far away.
Using Nikita missile can be a bit tricky and would only use it for edgegaurding or for assisting a teammate in certain situations.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Interesting teams idea: Fox grabs opponent. Snake lays a mine down a techroll's distance away (let's say to the right). Fox dthrows opponent and instantly runs to the left to cover the techroll left. Snake runs in and covers the tech-in-place (preferably with a grab). The mine obviously covers the techroll right. If Snake lands the grab on the tech-in-place, he can just throw the opponent into the mine (possibly after slight movement adjustments). I'm thinking there is potential in set-ups like these.

EastCoastEddie

Smash Journeyman
I like to use any grab opportunity that my teammate gets as a free opportunity for c4. But this may be a good way to include the downsmash. I like the idea. I usually use an upsmash off a grab for some reason lol and then just juggle the person relentlessly with my teammate.

Also, I hate it when I c4 someone in teams and then get distracted and go back to fighting and forget which player I c4'd a minute ago lol #snakeworldproblems

-Ran

Smash Master
Snake is a great Stock tank as well, but he really needs a character that can quickly alleviate recovery pressure from whoever is guarding him. Due to the nature of Snake's Recovery, you tend to spend a -very- long time recovering, as long as you are avoiding spikes. When teamed with someone that can either hit him to provide additional elevation, or to hamper the edge guarding that's being done, makes Snake insanely great as a damage sponge. He isn't getting gimped in teams, and Sding with him is incredibly hard, as long as the stage has a decent bit of play in the bottom blast zone.

With his set-knockback throws, he has the ability to feed character's kills, and dear god, his D-Throw is the best in teams. If you're down to one opponent, the moment Snake has the grab, it's game over without resorting to any cheese. You can easily walk them to the edge during your throws, as your team mate guards the back roll. Each time, you generate your throw damage, and slowly walk with the dpad between pummels. It's an instant moment killer for any comeback.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Viable team partners with Snake (I think)
Best:
Sheik - Arguably one of the best battery team characters in the game, I shouldn't have to explain this.
Fox - Fits any role you really want, a nice "powerful friend"
Peach - Both of these characters can control space pretty freely, force trades and are generally annoying with hitbox placements. Unfortunately, recovery takes a long time for both and she's kinda light for 1v2 situations.
maaaybe Mario?
Jigglypuff - for much the same reason as Peach.

Okay-ish? Dunno, guessing here.
Wario
Bowser
Link
Falcon
Meta Knight

Top Bottom