• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake in PM 3.5 discussion

cisyphus

Smash Ace
I mean, none of your theories of why it doesn't work appear in the patch notes, so you're assuming that PMBR is being misleading on this specific change, which I don't think is reasonable. It might simply be that the general game mechanics shift has disabled your followup, or that it never worked in the first place as I suggested.

I'd typed this prior to Jolteon's post but hey.

BND

Smash Apprentice
Fair enough (though admittedly there wasn't actually anything in the patch notes saying anything about the knockback-tumble change), though I'm still asserting that it did actually work.
Anyways, apologies if you thought I was doubting the PMBR, though there had to be a reason for the change, and I just stated the most reasonable assumption that I had at the time. Barring Marth's and Jigglypuff's up throw in Melee which seems to have higher knockback than Snake's, the common usage of high tiers means that I don't see many people actually opting to use up throw and missing a followup.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
It's just something we forgot to add, since our change log this time was huge. :p It'll be added later.

cisyphus

Smash Ace
Yeah I'll have to admit it is legit (albeit DI dependent). I have to wonder if they can SDI the jab, as well, but given it's out of 3.5, phooey.

Top Bottom