• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Snake: Hitboxes and Frame Data [3.6]

BND

Smash Apprentice
...Just finished fishing through the data; does up tilt still have invincibility frames on Snake's right arm from 5-6? Can't test this right now, unfortunately.

EDIT: Just separately tested this. Unlike Cisyphus's claim, utilt clanked with Fox's down-B (unless he did it airborne, which I hadn't considered), so I had Fox and Snake trade nair and utilt, respectively. There was no outprioritization even when Snake's arm was his only exposed part, so probably debunked.

Last edited:

cisyphus

Smash Ace
Wait for real? Testing now.

Just tried it by having Fox shine on the fifth frame of u-tilt with just Snake's arm in the hitbox radius and the hits trade sooo :\

Last edited:

BND

Smash Apprentice
Not quite sure if you understand the concept of transcendent properly: Transcendental priority attacks basically mean that they don't interact with attack boxes. The mortar "hitbox" is more of a hurtbox detection grab-box, and by default those don't interact with hitboxes.
With that said, the mortar shell itself doesn't actually have a hurtbox.

BND

Smash Apprentice
Well, the PSA code still has the invincibility statements there...so I'd assume yes over the changelog.
Seems like you were right:

Snake's arm's definitely in Marth's side-B, which shouldn't (and doesn't) clank.
(Setup was as follows: Pick Marth, roll to side of stage, Side-B once. Roll Snake to that side of stage. Side-B with marth, and up tilt 2 frames later.)

Last picture suggests that you can't actually clank with it, if proof's needed.

...RIP asking for buffs that don't actually exist :<

Note that I also took a picture of 3.0 Snake that shows the limit of his arm invincibility:
so everything seems more or less in order.

Last edited:

WhiteCrow

Smash Journeyman
Does the first hit of forward tilt actually do more shield damage? Stats say 8.4, but I thought attacks on shield did .7x less damage. Same question for Jab.

Top Bottom