• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake grenade strategies

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if this has been adressed elsewhere and for this I am truly sorry - I just don't have the time to be browsing every forum these days.

Anyways, question is - What is the purpose of shielding after pulling out a grenade, ASIDE from the fact that you now have more versatility? I saw a video with ! vs Griever, and it seemed like Snake's grenades detonated faster after he threw them using this technique. Anyone know the specifics? Am I just ********? (rhetoric lolz)

Video http://youtube.com/watch?v=jPCWEL2kj5I

Any other grenade, or general Snake tips are welcome. He takes soooo much finesse.

Also, can someone please explain the technicalities of his stikies and the bombs he plants? How long does the proxy last? What is the point of charging a proxy? Do stikies eventually blow up on their own?

Random NPC

Smash Rookie
I think you're right about the grenades blowing up faster.

Stickies, basically if you're close enough to grapple you can plant C4 on people, if you walk past them though, it will stick to you! It makes a noticeable noise though so you shouldn't be blowing yourself up unknowingly often. Proxy lasts very long, not sure exact time, and yes C4 will blow up by itself after an extended period of time (however I've never seen them explode on their own when stuck to someone, but I assume they still will).

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
Attacking the grenades makes them explode. When you shield while holding a grenade, you drop the grenade, and if an opponent is attacking you during this time, they will hit both your shield and the grenade. This causes the grenade to explode, and you have successfully gotten someone off your back for a second or two. Use the time wisely.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
What he probably did was cook a gernade, Shield, then picked it up and threw it. It's a good strategy in order to time your explosions right.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Heres some good stuff to know about nades:

The fuse is about 6 seconds long, so if you cook for about 4 1/2 seconds and throw it at your opponent and they shield, it will bounce off and stay in the air in front of them, more than likely blowing them up when they drop the shield. If they catch it, they will more than likely get blown up before they can throw them back.

Nades are pretty much your jack-of-all-trades.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
As long as you're near them (touching basically) snake actually makes a motion that looks like he's placing the C4 onto the opponent (this is if they're standing).

Also about nades...cooking them to the point where they explode on impact is just plain awesome. I didn't know it was a 6 second timer precisely though, I've always been counting 1-4 seconds in my head (with the added "mississipi" after each number), then threw it and it usually exploded about a second later, which is about the time of the nade's flight so it explodes on impact. I just hate Pit's sheild -.-

snake!

Smash Cadet
grenade technique get!

super lightning viper bite grenade technique:

sometimes if a grenade lands between me and an opponent i'll roll grab it and shield next to the opponent to blow em up. It's satisfying if you land it ._.

Mr. Pants

Smash Apprentice
cool vid! i've been dying to find some good techniques with snake. i feel like everything takes forever to do! (especially f-smash). what about just leaving the nades laying around like mines? can you have more than one nade out at a time? for instance, you throw a nade and before it explodes you take out another? also, can you use snake's side b as an edge guard like sonic's up b? (let the missile fall on your opponent like sonic's spring)

snake!

Smash Cadet
cool vid! i've been dying to find some good techniques with snake. i feel like everything takes forever to do! (especially f-smash). what about just leaving the nades laying around like mines? can you have more than one nade out at a time? for instance, you throw a nade and before it explodes you take out another? also, can you use snake's side b as an edge guard like sonic's up b? (let the missile fall on your opponent like sonic's spring)
2 nades at a time and leaving them lying around works pretty well. also, the nikita is a good edge guard aid imo.

Top Bottom