• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake can platform-cancel his back-air

D

Deleted member

Snake can platform cancel his back-air

Press down on the control stick to ledge-drop, then instantly flick the c-stick for back-air and you should, for some reason, do a back-air on the ground.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ORiX3B9aiaE

Watch to the end, when you see platform canceling. Snake can do that with his backair

You know you're doing it when Snake does a back-air without jumping whatsoever.

D

Deleted member

I can't. Just imagine him doing his back-air on the ground. Standing to prone, no jumps.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Will it actually hit enemies, or does it just do the "land during the attack" animation? And if it does connect, is there any reduction in lag or anything useful?

D

Deleted member

Will it actually hit enemies, or does it just do the "land during the attack" animation? And if it does connect, is there any reduction in lag or anything useful?
Yeah, it hits fine. Snake's bair is laggy, if you do this on a platform it's pretty much like another downsmash. It should prove useful.

Luz

Smash Apprentice
When you say 'on the ground', you mean on the platform you tried to drop through, right?

D

Deleted member

Yes. You try to back-air through a platform but you end up fnot going through, if you do it fast enough.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
This existed in Melee, called Platform Canceling, Phanna has a video of it on his channel somewhere. It only works if the hit connects and only certain moves work like Samus' Nair.

D

Deleted member

Okay, thank you for clarifying. However, you said something important - you have to connect the hit? Snake can platform cancel his backair without connecting.

Deadly'_'

Smash Apprentice
How's the lagg when he hits the ground? If it has like no lagg then this is yet another useful thing snake can do

Is it me or is Snake the glitchyest character in Brawl?

Top Bottom