• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake breaking out of chaingrab

ADHD

Smash Hero
That controller in port 4 thing, I can't carry him across the stage that well anymore...

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
No, you're just doing it slow. The grenade comes out near instantaneously, I think maybe frame 1, so you've got to be really quick about it.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Can't falco chain grab fast enough across the stage to avoid the grenade explosion? Or is it just a hit from the flying grenade that stops him?

tGwarr10r

Smash Apprentice
what happens is when the grenade comes out the blaster from the grab shoots it and it explodes, and chrome you're doing it too slow, if you do it JUST fast enough he won't get out btw i think is my 100th post

3GOD

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure you should be able to do 6 to 7 Dthrows from 0% (assuming you're using walk --> regrab) and always grab him before he can do any action. I did a little frame testing and came up with data that shows that he can be grabbed before he can jump (which I assume means before he can pull a grenade as well) from at least 0 - 43%.

Just make sure you walk and regrab him as soon as possible. After the 7th Dthrow, I'd probably try a Dash Attack --> Usmash or something since you have to start using the dash grab around that time.

Top Bottom