• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYN: Episode 28 (01/13) - A Fated Symbiotic Relationship

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Kirby King joins Youko and SamuraiPanda to cover Multi-Man Brawl, Melee Stages Pt. 2, Pikmin & Olimar, and much more!

With the DOJO resuming updates, SMYN can now resume discussing them instead of taking a retrospective look at things!
Multi-Man Brawl, Melee Stages Pt. 2, and Pikmin & Olimar are discussed in addition to going over the hosts's and also some guests's roster predictions before an official leak comes out! Kirby King joins Youko and SamuraiPanda to also cover the General News from the past week including the new Coro-Coro issue, thealmightygoat, delay rumors and more!

Link to original post: [drupal=445]SMYN: Episode 28 (01/13) - A Fated Symbiotic Relationship[/drupal]

Kubba

Smash Cadet
yeah that was the worst thing about playing pikmin, the guilt you feel when they die

Zycor

Smash Apprentice
Huh... weird... The Spanish website doesn't have onomatopoeia my limited Spanish 3 skills tell me the 2nd caption is "Apunta y... ¡fuego!" "Aim/Point and.... fire!" I'm sure Aim sounds better, but yeah... I wonder why they chose not to use onomatopoeia. I don't know enough to translate it all, the first caption just boggles my mind, I can't make any sense out of it.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
Pertaining to the Competitive and Casual rooms being separate, this sounds like a great idea with so many new players coming in to SWF. Having just one room for both will lead to an endless debate, like it already has in multiple threads.

Also, great podcast this week, guys. =)

Maplestory

Smash Cadet
I had an idea for season 3, but it's too late. I'll explain it anyways. I was thinking, with the new updates, and since we have videos, we might be able to figure out tiers. If you had a section where you discuss where you think tiers are, that would be a good section. I really like your podcast, ITS AWESOME!

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
Wow, you guy's standards are way to high for the weeks. This week was basically perfect. There if your waiting for another update as epic as stage builder and recording its not going ot happen. We pretty much have a lot if not most of the game already. The only thing that could have made this week better within reason was a vet.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Well.. you don't really need a whole CelShading engine.. a different shader, or more primitive, a cube-mapping texture would do the work.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow...

You guys have ridiculous standards.
But then again, that's just a trait of the super-hardcore gaming community as a whole, especially people who take games like Smash Bros. as seriously as you guys do.

I sometimes like your conversations, but when you get all preachy and arrogant, it's a real turn off. Like last week? "DON'T PLAY AS CHARACTERS YOU LIKE!" I mean, WTF, guys?
Playing as characters you LIKE is the whole concept behind Smash Bros. in the first place!

Otherwise it would just be a bizarre fighting game that not many people played. The characters bring the flavor to things, it's what brings people in -- the roster is the most hotly conversed item on the menu, folks, and it's not because of how the characters will play, it's because people really like _____ and want to see them make it in!

Anyway, good convos and it's great to hear some really detailed stuff and all, but seriously, lighten up a bit, guys -- you're in the vast minority and shouldn't go assuming "most everyone" thinks the same way you do. Hate to break it to you, but most people who play Smash Bros. don't even know what Smash Boards is. If they did, this place would explode, or something.

All I'm sayin' is that it would help if the community here could chill out a bit and not take themselves so seriously all of the time -- or at least don't be arrogant enough to expect everyone ELSE to think the way you do.

Anyway, keep up the good thoughts, it's just another couple weeks until the info flies out -- and then it's another couple of weeks until we finally get our hands on it.

JJBro1

Smash Journeyman
Where in the commercial does it show online co-op? The lady at the end of the video was the person that guy was playing against.

Bottles98

Smash Cadet
SP is a blasphemer. K. Rool is the second-best video game villain ever.

Good episode though. =P

vinube

Smash Rookie
Sooo Long

i dont understand why does it have to be so freakin long.....
i really like the podcast, every week i start hearing it but i never get to the end....am i supposed to be a rock with 24 hour spare time a day, and -if this has some kind of editing- how much time do you spend doing this...its too long...i would love to hear the end of every podcast but i cant sit 2 hours striaght just listening...you should do something like smash dash..make a little video or somethin, or you know just shorten it up a bit..... well, aside form that i really like it and hear (and will hear asi you go on) the first hour of all your podcasts.....

ps. hate the attitude of (i dont know names) guy who gave like a 6 to olimar's update...
the what ----- update resembles a 10!? whic one? the game itself? i dont understand...you should judge being the best update a 10, and since the birth of updates you havent given any update a 10, so what the f--- is that scale? you should put out the numbers and say if you like or dont...cos if you dont have clear hwat is perfect update or what is a sucky update you shouldnt judge at all...

love the podcast

vinube

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
TORTIMER rhymes with MORTIMER, and the towns are Twoson, Threed, and Fourside, so you're saying Onett wrong too.

SuperManX

Smash Cadet
Ok I thought this week was not bad i would give it about a 7.5 out of 10 enything lower than that is just harsh. I can understand Panda's not liking the whole Olimar shoe in argument but hey its a charater, you know, its better than " You must recover". Also i agree with a couple of the other people here the podcast is too long, I get that you have a lot to say but try and trim the podcast down to about 1 to 1/2 hours long. We do want to hear your opinon but . . . yeah you take it a little to far. Keep the news about brawl and keep it profecinal.

Great news Podcast

~ Branden

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
Love handles thing was kinda creepy... >.>

G4 is trash, TechTV was awesome. Screen Savers was a great show, even if they showed it four times a day. An under-rated show was the one where it was just a bunch of indie computer generated animations.

Mario Party's not all that great, don't worry about it. You guys are right about the Mario Party. There are 8 numbered ones for N64/GameCube/Wii, then Mario Party Advance using the E-Reader, and of course the too-popular Mario Party DS.

There was the nuke fart...

I got a gamerip soundtrack from Nintendo Power. It didn't sound any different than the regular music, though.

I'd guess "immune to fire" means that you take no knockback or stun from fire attacks. And of course the red ones will go through fire and take no damage from it, like Youko said.

I'm still rooting for a lot of formative 3rd party NES/SNES characters: Robo from CT, Alena from DQ4, Billy or Billy and Jimmy Lee from DD (it'd be a "WTF... oh, yeah!" character), Simon Belmont from CV, either MegaMan or Ryu/Chun-Li from MM or SF, possibly Ryu Hayabusa from NJ. Those last two are less likely, of course. I would have loved to send in a list, but I haven't had time to get a new headset yet...

DQP

Smash Ace
nice podcast

i like the roster suggestions. hear hear to samaraipanda! king k rool shouldn't be in brawl.

EDIT: lovehandles is creepy, so are phazon boobs. eew...

MexicanJuice

Smash Cadet
Take it easy, man.

You guys have ridiculous standards.
But then again, that's just a trait of the super-hardcore gaming community as a whole, especially people who take games like Smash Bros. as seriously as you guys do.

I sometimes like your conversations, but when you get all preachy and arrogant, it's a real turn off. Like last week? "DON'T PLAY AS CHARACTERS YOU LIKE!" I mean, WTF, guys?
Playing as characters you LIKE is the whole concept behind Smash Bros. in the first place!

Otherwise it would just be a bizarre fighting game that not many people played. The characters bring the flavor to things, it's what brings people in -- the roster is the most hotly conversed item on the menu, folks, and it's not because of how the characters will play, it's because people really like _____ and want to see them make it in!

Anyway, good convos and it's great to hear some really detailed stuff and all, but seriously, lighten up a bit, guys -- you're in the vast minority and shouldn't go assuming "most everyone" thinks the same way you do. Hate to break it to you, but most people who play Smash Bros. don't even know what Smash Boards is. If they did, this place would explode, or something.

All I'm sayin' is that it would help if the community here could chill out a bit and not take themselves so seriously all of the time -- or at least don't be arrogant enough to expect everyone ELSE to think the way you do.

Anyway, keep up the good thoughts, it's just another couple weeks until the info flies out -- and then it's another couple of weeks until we finally get our hands on it.
Man, dude. Don't be so quick to make assumptions. At no point in that one episode did they assume that everyone else thinks like they do. On the contrary, they're aware that everyone's different. And how are they being preachy and arrogant? They were just making a suggestion to people who want to play COMPETITIVELY. I found that advice to be quite true, considering in my wee Melee days I played nobody but Kirby and Link with friends.

MexicanJuice

Smash Cadet
Oh, and.......

Also, Youko, SamuraiPanda. What happened to episode 25? That was one of the most enjoyable episode in SMYN history. It just disappeared on the SmashCast pages, and it's no longer in my iTunes podcast list. Where is it? Oh, and thanks for making the earlier episodes on iTunes as well!! I really enjoyed listening to the SMYN beginnings, like THE DOOOOOOJOOOOOOOOOOO. Heh:laugh:

Top Bottom