• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMY Omaha warm ups

cue

Smash Journeyman
copy and paste from srk...

Midwest Super Brawl - 2/26/11- Omaha, NE
Yo whaddup everyone it's tournament time in good ol' Omaha, Nebraska!

Everyone's gettin' fired up for the Super Bowl so those salty about their team losing come take out your aggression on some fightin' games.

Here's the run down....

Tournament Location: The Comfort Inn 7007 Grover Street, Omaha, NE
Time: 10a.m. registration 12p.m. Tournaments will start
Fee's: $5 tournament fee and $10 for each tournament
Games: Marvel vs Capcom 3, Super Street Fighter 4, Super Smash Bros. Melee and BlazeBlue:CS.
Pot: 60/30/10

The games will be ran on both Xbox 360 and PS3 so bring sticks/pads for both consoles if you have them. We have the room from 8am to 8pm and will be running all 4 tournies at the same time. After 8 stay for Nerdtron Studios Dance Party! The people at Nerdtron were gracious enough to let us use the room for the day so thanks goes out to them. If anyone is interested in the party, friend request their group on Facebook to check out the details

Nerdtron Studios
Login | Facebook

and no there is no brawl even though they are calling it brawl :p ask/post here and i'll do my best to answer any ?'s

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm still winning the brawl tournament!

Yeah I'll be there, idk if I'll enter anything other than melee and MVC3, but I plan on being slammed.

resTy

Smash Champion
If no out of staters come, there will be about 50 randoms and 3-5 good players. Payout is going to be pretty good for Top 3. Freest money on earth. Best believe I'll be playing hard too. I want at least Top 2 which shud be at least $100.

Jace08

Smash Lord
^50 randoms? Are we talking about melee here lol? I thought that was impossible, did I miss the time portal to 2005 or something?

resTy

Smash Champion
It's a video game convention so there are going to be a bunch of kids who think they're hot shit lol. Some people in the Facebook group are already talking serious noise. 50 might be a little much but I'm sure, as long as Nebraska Smash plays our cards right and don't play people prior to the tournament, we can get a fair amount of randoms to enter. We're kinda in it to steal money xD

JBM, Echo, Smeesh, Tony, David, Uli, Secks, and a few other guys will be here. It should be pretty fun. If you guys have time, you guys should creep, Jace. It's free to get into the convention but $15 to enter the tourney o.O

Jace08

Smash Lord
It's a video game convention so there are going to be a bunch of kids who think they're hot shit lol. Some people in the Facebook group are already talking serious noise. 50 might be a little much but I'm sure, as long as Nebraska Smash plays our cards right and don't play people prior to the tournament, we can get a fair amount of randoms to enter. We're kinda in it to steal money xD

JBM, Echo, Smeesh, Tony, David, Uli, Secks, and a few other guys will be here. It should be pretty fun. If you guys have time, you guys should creep, Jace. It's free to get into the convention but $15 to enter the tourney o.O
huh, sounds fun. Maybe I'll be able to convince the crew to go

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I won't be able to make this since I'll be on vacation. Hopefully you guys do something like this again in the future.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I'll take any chance to beat randoms that I can get, best feeling in the world and one I haven't felt in years

resTy

Smash Champion
Day 1: Epic lols. Zyroqwa is entering Melee and is getting serious Rob practice (in Brawl). Ngamer is stylin on kids at SSF4 and plans on upsetting the second to the throne, Dekline, at Blazblue. Soran is being very quiet as normal but says he's winning Blazblue. Greg, Yulai and Tyser are talking about conventions and how balls deep awesome they are. Nerds are nerds.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Wish I was there to win Marvel. Sitting in my hotel room right now waiting to go on a cruise.

Heres to winning in blackjack and coming back with more tourney money~

Good luck Blake I got your back. <3 Play lame! I believe in you.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
NO ONE is beating David in BlazGreen.

Hope i can make it, gonna be an adventure. I'll be recording melee as long as we have a setup thats got video outs.

Tyser you better play sheik if you plan on winning. Devon's gonna upset David or i am, cuz david never plays as well as he does at his house.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm still winning the brawl tournament!

Yeah I'll be there, idk if I'll enter anything other than melee and MVC3, but I plan on being slammed.
I called it. Thanks Tyser.

Results for Brawl

#1-Rob
#2-Tyser
#3-QRS
#4-NGAMER
#5-Devi
#6-Thugz
#7-Aura
#8-Soran
#9-Ben
#10-Bill
#11-Tom

If David enters, he's winning. Or me :D
JBM.

I'm honestly happier with my melee performance today, I beat a game Bolun, Shawn and Yosh, took a round off Tyser and played decently against Ben :falco:. Not bad.

resTy

Smash Champion
Melee Results
1: JBM :fox:
2: Tyser :samus2: :sheik:
3: Smeesh :fox:
4: Echo :falco:
5: Secks. :falco:
5: Majik :ganondorf:

David had to go to work otherwise he would have probably been in Top 4.

Results for Brawl
#1-Rob
#3-QRS
#4-NGAMER
#5-Devi
#6-Thugz
#7-Aura
#8-Soran
#9-Ben
#10-Bill
#11-Tom
#2-Tyser
If you're gonna post results, at least make them correct...
I didn't even play a single match but I still entered anyways xD

Luigisama

Smash Champion
@To Next time you host a tourney with BB CS advertise on www.dustloop.com. I'm sure there are some BB players who use that site that live in NE and they might have gone to this tourney. Just saying so you get more attendance and profits. ;)

resTy

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure Nebraska doesn't have a Blazblue community.
We only have Cue and Dekline xD

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
@To Next time you host a tourney with BB CS advertise on www.dustloop.com. I'm sure there are some BB players who use that site that live in NE and they might have gone to this tourney. Just saying so you get more attendance and profits. ;)
LOL. I'm sorry, it's not your fault you don't know about this state, but this was funny.

Top Bottom