• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smooth Lander / Heavy Gravity (SLHG) Matchfinder thread

VeggieSteel

Smash Cadet
NNID
VeggieSteel
SLHG is a special ruleset designed to support fast-paced, agressive gameplay in Smash4! You can find out more about it here: http://smashboards.com/threads/smooth-lander-and-heavy-gravity-slhg-update-online.383506/

This thread is for finding other players interested in SLHG to play with. I'll keep a running list of NNIDs here in the OP, but post anytime you want a match. Right now the standard equipment setup for SLHG is as follows.

Code:
Item Name                             Stats         Challenge
Smooth Lander Brawn Badge          +36a/-35d/0s        A7
Item Hitter Agility Badge          -40a/0d/+33s        B6
Moon Launcher Protection Badge     0a/+37d/-30s        B2
Total:                             -4a/+2d/+3s
If you'd like to try a build besides this one, mention so in your post.

To play a heavy gravity special smash online, follow these steps:
Code:
1. Go to the Special Smash menu.
2. Toggle on Heavy Gravity.
3. Press "Change Rules".
4. Back out into the main menu.
5. Hit online. Select "With Friends".
6. Create or join a lobby.
Note that both players must have the same settings when entering lobby for Heavy Gravity to function properly. Most players are playing 3 stock, 8 minutes.

This game type really is a lot of fun guys, I suggest everyone give it a try! Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Also, check out our chat room on Anther's Ladder: http://www.smashladder.com/netplay/SLHG

SLHG Players:
Code:
NNID:                       Smashboards Username:
super77                           Muro
hellachill42069                   ZADD
VeggieSteel                       VeggieSteel
Jugoken                           Jugoken
jota281usa                        Balgorxz
Geek4Jesus                        ItalianBaptist
SaturnFrost                       SaturnFrost
JCOnyx                            JCOnyx
blargh257                         blargh257
ArtfulHobbes2.0                   ArtfulHobbes
Locuan                            Locuan
Vycoul                            Vycoul
RoyMustang1990                    roymustang1990-
Inverted                          Reserved
Rynhardt                          Rynhardt
Alphamew17                        Alphamew17
Chucknoxus                        Chucknoxus
soniczx123                        soniczx123
DK_Jr_321                         Donkey Kong Jr
FireMegaBuster                    Tornado_Man
allecloveswii145                  Allec145

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Just a thought: can you put our smashboards names next to our NNIDs in the "Friends of SLHG" box? I'm Geek4Jesus there but ItalianBaptist everywhere else.

Muro

Smash Lord
got completely demolished lmao.

took me a while to get used to the lag but at least with pikachu I think I was getting the hang of it by the end.

btw sorry for the sonics, I dunno whose idea it was to make it impossible to unplug the gamepad :/ how do I prevent that from happening?

Thanks for the games @ ArtfulHobbes ArtfulHobbes ;) it's 5 am here i gtg now.

edit: just some last thoughts

1. I hate custom moves with a passion....
2. I liked your custom stage man.

Last edited:

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
got completely demolished lmao.

took me a while to get used to the lag but at least with pikachu I think I was getting the hang of it by the end.

btw sorry for the sonics, I dunno whose idea it was to make it impossible to unplug the gamepad :/ how do I prevent that from happening?

Thanks for the games @ ArtfulHobbes ArtfulHobbes ;) it's 5 am here i gtg now.

edit: just some last thoughts

1. I hate custom moves with a passion....
2. I liked your custom stage man.
Yeah lag is a shame. Which is another reason I don't really consider online play best for determining better characters. Also the Sonic thing was funny and made me laugh.

And I really only have 3 characters I'll use to bring out customs.

1. Bowser with 1211 aka "clawdashing." It's so good.
2. Ganondorf with 2122 sword, fists, and a better recovery.
3. Charizard and 1311 Dragon rush because it is way better than Flare Blitz (although I think I forgot to switch it at one point)

And the custom stage is a neutral Pokemon Stadium. I enjoy playing on it too.

And nice matches Blargh. Your Falcon and Puff are pretty damn good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Oh, I like this idea. I'm completely new to playing with the format but I'll see if I get the time to unlock the equipment necessary and get a few matches in.

Also, @ ArtfulHobbes ArtfulHobbes be wary of double posts. Use the edit function next time.

:227:

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
Oh, I like this idea. I'm completely new to playing with the format but I'll see if I get the time to unlock the equipment necessary and get a few matches in.

Also, @ ArtfulHobbes ArtfulHobbes be wary of double posts. Use the edit function next time.

When you got it all unlocked I'd enjoy getting a few matches in. :)

And yeah that was an accident sorry about that.

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
I made an account just so I could get a better feel for this mode. I think that it has a lot of potential.
I hope I can put up a decent fight. I may end up being a punching bag for a lot of you, but I'll do my best.

My NNID is Vycoul. Just like my username.

Muro

Smash Lord
Yeah lag is a shame. Which is another reason I don't really consider online play best for determining better characters. Also the Sonic thing was funny and made me laugh.

And I really only have 3 characters I'll use to bring out customs.
don't sweat it. It was half salt from getting my ass handed to me and half sleep deprivation lol, I didn't even notice zard was custom (I still don't like custom moves though). I did have a very good time once I began to adapt to the lag, I need to get better too. I thought pikachu wouldn't work as well online but it turns out it's the only one right now for me. Maybe as I play more I'll begin to use others. Marth is really hard because he requires good timing offstage, and the lag throws a wrench on it. I gotta say though, besides some spikes, the lag seemed very acceptable.

Btw you beat me so thoroughly with so many characters I didn't even understand which one is your main.

Interesting. I'd like to get a few games in and see how I feel about SMHG. Count me in.
can I add you?

I made an account just so I could get a better feel for this mode. I think that it has a lot of potential.
I hope I can put up a decent fight. I may end up being a punching bag for a lot of you, but I'll do my best.

My NNID is Vycoul. Just like my username.
I'm gonna add you then ;)

Last edited:

Muro

Smash Lord

Actually I got a question about this. Sometimes bumping the thread is the best way to notify people, with "watch thread" selected, that you want to play. However if you're the last person to reply you'd have to edit your post therefore not bumping the thread. If I double post to say "anybody wanna play?" would that be against forum rules?

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Alright, I'm done for right now. GGs! A bit of lag, but it wasn't a major issue.

Rynhardt

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rynhardt
3DS FC
3437-3326-8257
Add my NNID to the list, RynnyRyn, although I prefer to have customs on, just for my alt characters like Bowser. I'll be streaming SLHG today, starting in a little bit

Muro

Smash Lord
Add my NNID to the list, RynnyRyn, although I prefer to have customs on, just for my alt characters like Bowser. I'll be streaming SLHG today, starting in a little bit
give me the link to the stream so I put it somewhere in the OP.

Muro

Smash Lord
bad timing for me unforntunately, but good luck to you guys, I'll drop in every now and then to check it out.

Alphamew17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alphamew17
3DS FC
4296-3486-7805
Does anyone wanna play tonight? My nnid's Alphamew17, and I actually have a sligthly different set up. Through a **** ton of farming, my current stats are +2 / +2 / +2 , which is as close as I've gotten to a perfect set (or at least, I haven't checked my equipment thoroughly). I hope this isn't too much of a difference if you want to fight me.

Muro

Smash Lord
Nice matches and there was much less lag than the matches I played before.
GGs man, gonna introduce another player from my scene to slhg now. Maybe we'll play later. And yeah much less lag playing with you.

Chucknoxus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Krokodoc
GGs man, gonna introduce another player from my scene to slhg now. Maybe we'll play later. And yeah much less lag playing with you.
I love that ledgecanceled custom side-b. I didn't know it was possible the first time it happened.

Donkey Kong Jr

Smash Cadet
I've taken an interest in SLHG recently, and it'd be nice to get some more matches going one of these days. It seems like this mode has potential, and here's to hoping that it does well.

My NNID is DK_Jr_321

Top Bottom