• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smexy Uair

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Why don't we use it?

I read somewhere that if you are facing the enemy in the air then you should Nair over the laggy Fair, the spammable Bair that won't hit in this situation, and the Jeff that probably won't hit. But why don't we Uair, I find myself missing Nair a lot against anything smaller than Mario. But when I pull out an Uair, it connects and at low percents I can follow depending on DI with a Bair, Utilt, another Uair, or more epic start "Jeffin' it". Sure some horizontal range is lost but I haven't done my testing on this, but I think hitting a crouching Pikachu or even a Kirby will work with the Uair.

I find myself loving this move more and more.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman

Apec

Smash Rookie
I use u-air to rack up percent, along with the d-throw + f-tilt combo. U-air also strings well from a down-b.

On a side note, f-air is great for ffing. used sparingly, it tends to surprise, tho i do use it with shorthop dodges (d-air usually is more effective cause of less lag).

@Jingo-not sure on the landing recovery for n-air and u-air...prob too close for it to matter.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
I use U-Air all the time, it's fast, deals some good damage, and has some power to it lol

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I use U-Air all the time, it's fast, deals some good damage, and has some power to it lol
U-air is a good way to rack up some initial damage and refresh some attacks
Yeah its real fast !
Try to use Up Throw + U-air against your opponent at Low Percents, its good to start a combo and rack up the initial damage.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I use this U-air a lot too.
Its real simple, I use my start combo (Up Throw + U-air), some several Grabs like Down / Back Throw, some Tilts and I try to kill with a Meteor Smash or a F-Smash.

DK's U-air is Awesome !

Luigi player

Smash Master
I use uair really often, it's pretty good, too bad that it has so much landing lag. I use nair too though, sometimes it's better.

Top Bottom