• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashWiki Needs You.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I've spent a good portion of today's sleepless night looking around Smash Board's SmashWiki and came to the conclusion that it isn't any where near filled with enough information to appease my smash cravings.

The Pichu character section? Nearly empty.

The same can be said for bowser as well, a simple listing of Pros and Cons.

Even top teir Fox McCloud doesn't have much to show.

So far the best Character Profile I've seen is shockingly for the worst rated character in the game; Mewtwo. The amount of effort and detail put in to this particular character is, put bluntly, crazy. Animated hit boxes for many of his moves, damages percentages, character specific match ups, generalized match ups, videos, links to great mewtwo players profiles. You name it it's there.

That’s the kind of detail I'd like to see (and hope you guys) for every character, and that’s mostly because it's all already here on the boards in the numerous guides, other threads and such we have available here.

Luckily the ability to change the wiki lies in our hands, it will only be as helpful as we make it so... let’s get to it!

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
I just edited in some extra stuff for Kirby, but it isn't much. Maybe we should form a template for each character, so people can fill stuff in easier (such as Mewtwo's).

pdk

Smash Lord
$10 says someone takes this as a call to copy-paste old character guides

cemo

white walker
I'll go copy paste a few old character guides if you share some of that money with me.

pdk

Smash Lord
how does one go about writing a template anyway? seems like i could spare a couple minutes to write one but alas

iankobe

Smash Lord
You're right. The one and only decent page of a character is Mewtwo. Just compare it to Doc's. Mewtwo's page is FULL with good information/techniques/everthing about him.

Smashwiki DOES need us.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Just post some of the best guides in there and your pretty much done.. either that or we could just get Azen to be a permanent source their... haha like an instant IM or a phone dial.. 1-800-help-Aze ftw

pdk

Smash Lord
that solution sucks, none of the guides are in-depth or well-written enough for wiki standards and a lot of them have pretty vague/redundant parts anyway

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
The Ness super guide basically covers most Ness things except for djc'ing and all his other moves besides his specials. I think it's already linked to.

Top Bottom