• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHTURBATION 2.5 @ UC Berkeley 11/17

ohpistachios

Smash Apprentice
The Smash Brothers Club at UC Berkeley, the Super Smash Bears, is hosting SMASHTURBATION 2.5!

What: Singles Tourney ($5 Entry) and Doubles Tourney ($10 Entry per Team)

Payout: Club takes 25% (mostly for transportation expenses - we Flexcar TVs around) and remainder is split 60:30:10 for 1st:2nd:3rd

When: This Saturday, 11/17 starting at 12pm and ending at 8pm. Doubles is first and Singles comes after that.

Friendlies? Yes

Where: UC Berkeley Campus, Dwinelle 109 and 215

How to get Here: http://www.berkeley.edu/map/maps/large_map.html
Dwinelle is near the middle of the map (C-D and 3-4 according to the map borders) and near the middle of campus.
According to UC Berkeley: http://www.berkeley.edu/visitors/traveling.html

By BART: Go to Downtown Berkeley station, get off and walk east towards campus. (Simplest way: after leaving BART station, walk South down Shattuck until you reach Bancroft, take left on Bancroft and walk East up it until you hit Telegraph. Then take a left INTO campus, walk past the plaza, walk through Sather Gate (it's labeled) and then the first building on your left after Sather Gate is Dwinelle.)

By Car: i wouldn't suggest this since parking is so limited around Berkeley. If you really want to, here's a site with the lots around campus. http://pt.berkeley.edu/parking/public-visitors/index.html

Rules: are your standard affair.

Food/Drink: We will probably be selling Pizza and Soda. Prices TBD.

Recording: We WILL be recording (and posting on Youtube) the finals and semi-finals of both tournaments.

Contact Details: Call me (I'm Paul) @ (858) 603-3910 if you have any questions on the day.

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
I'm so there. 1st place GG. Unless Snap goes. But still, I'll prly just convince him to quit smash again lol. Oh btw are outta towners allowed in? Bob Money might like to come play with us....

Zoap

Smash Master
so ill come on two conditions:

1. Teams is first
2. Snap teams with me so we may renew the "O Snap, Dont Drop The Zoap"

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Dammit you guys, why do you always schedule these things when I'm going to be out of town?

Sanu

Smash Champion
He means, is that September 2nd or February 9th?...

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Thank you Sanuzi lol.

It's very confusing between the two different formats "DD/MM/YY" and "MM/DD/YY" especially when both are numbers below 13.

This is why I like this format "YY/MM/DD" because there's only one version of it. lol

ohpistachios

Smash Apprentice
Yeah our first Smashturbation was in February. It's not a big deal having two tournaments with the same name though.. they're in completely different places so.

and @ Zoap: Snap IS coming to this... i dunno what he's doing for teams though. Also, we MIGHT hold teams first, but we haven't decided that yet.

REL

Smash Apprentice
Please do teams first. I want to bring a friend who can only stay for so long, and we'd like to see how well we can do on teams. Please. :)

petoo0

Smash Ace
ahh dangnit. i want to go now cause rel is PRO.
he is palmdale ****.
but i'm going to milpitas this weekend. ****nit. maybe next time.
double ganon ftw? (brandon)

hugQ Cortex

Master
The turnout was ridiculously low, like 7-8 teams for Doubles, and only ~7 Singles participants, the lowest turnout for a Berkeley smash event. I hope that the new faces that showed up yesterday didn't get a bad first impression. I personally had tons of fun, and I wish I had got to play with Bob$.

Top Bottom