• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing with friends or alone?

Johnny Heart Gold

Smash Journeyman
So the game will be out pretty soon, and that makes me wonder. Would you buy the game and play by yourself or go with friends and play the game together? In my case I'll invite a few friends to play the game, we're going to buy the game right away when they open the store (Except one friend who's going digital) and go to my place, and stay there for the weekend smashing and uncloking everything, playing smash run etc. So you guys have planes with friends like me? Or your starting your game alone and then challenge the world online?

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
None of the few people I talk to play consoles/handhelds, so I'm gonna play alone.
Gonna play with internet frens, mainly.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I lack friends that actually meet up with me or come to my house, So online friends and mostly alone.

Ursaguy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5472-7859-2409
With my sister, so kind of a friend, but a person.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Gonna be playing with friends a bit on the 3DS version, but I'll mainly be online.

A couple of my friends don't have a 3DS, so the Wii U version will be a lot better.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I have friends who want this but they cant get it til chrristmas...:(

Beastferu

Smash Cadet
NNID
LegendaryPhrax
3DS FC
3351-4134-0653
If my local store doesn't have the game when I go in the morning, then I'll go with a friend during school to get it and we'll probably play together for a couple of matches. But I want to start unlocking characters straight away. He's the only other guy with a 3DS who is willing to buy the game though. So other than him, it'll mainly be online friends.

lijero13ss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lijero13ss
3DS FC
3024-5912-8660
Unfortunately im the only "gamer" in my circle of friends lol So i'll be playing alone.

I've managed to convince my brother in law to buy it, and trying to convince the others lol

CoolPalMitch

Smash Cadet
NNID
mitchgamelover
I'll most likely play online with my friends a lot, which is actually a first for me. I've always played Smash alone since I don't really have any friends in the immediate area (I tend to be a loner irl)

SmellTheJava

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0834-0767-5817
I plan on making new friends on the midnight sale. But yeah, I'm going to be playing locally mostly, be it with close friends or at my local scene(if they adopt the game).

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Friends in the same room or friends online, either way, that's the way to play the game. If you mean will I play the game alone and against the CPU, I would never buy the game in the first place.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I have no physical friends that own 3DSes nor have any particular interest in gaming in general.
I'll mostly be playing alone or against randoms or friends & peeps from here~

Fluggerson

Smash Apprentice
I have no friends that play handhelds/Nintendo games so I'll play alone and for glory. I do prefer solo.

However, there's a club at my school and I have a few acquaintances that will get the game so I might play with them. We'll probably have a tournament on it too so yea. They aren't competitive though..

L u c i n α

Smash Rookie
Unlocking Lucina, then immediately facing off against my buddy @Pittoo on release date. I'm probably gonna pull an all-nighter unlocking everything and practicing, then playing with Online Friends since none of my gamer buddies have a 3DS or are usually busy.

McX

Smash Cadet
I'll be alone. I'm hoping the wifi is a lot better so I can get into the online scene a bit more since I live so far away. WC was the only place that worked for me, hoping it expands over all of the US so I get decent connections. For Glory will be my main place for training.

FinalArcadia

Smash Cadet
NNID
FinalArcadia
With friends, either online or (more likely) with my siblings who also are getting the game and have 3DSs. Until I get more practice against them, I'll probably hold off of For Glory online and stick to For Fun for my Wifi games.

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
I plan on doing both. Since there are around 7-8 people just in my friend circle getting the game, I'll have plenty of people to play with when I want. If the online multiplayer works well enough, I may try and meeting up with some online friends, and maybe some friends I make here on the boards, and play with them as well.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Some of my friends and I are having a launch-night party (though unfortunately school and work will dampen it a bit), and on the first day of Fall Break we're having a larger gathering with a round robin tournament and whatnot. Fun times for all.

When not playing with friends, I'll work on challenges and clearing Classic with everyone, etc.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
For 3DS, I'll try to see if the 5 people I know in person who have 3DSes themselves are getting the game. Doesn't really seem like it.
For Wii U, I'll be hosting a launch day party (that I just thought up of right this second) at my house since again I'm probably the only person I know who's getting it. We'll see how it goes. I generally have friends over to play console games so it shouldn't be a problem.

JipC

Smash Journeyman
So the game will be out pretty soon, and that makes me wonder. Would you buy the game and play by yourself or go with friends and play the game together? In my case I'll invite a few friends to play the game, we're going to buy the game right away when they open the store (Except one friend who's going digital) and go to my place, and stay there for the weekend smashing and uncloking everything, playing smash run etc. So you guys have planes with friends like me? Or your starting your game alone and then challenge the world online?
On the first few days I'm playing it alone. Much prefered too since I can dissect everything and unlock everything faster and more efficiently that way, I'll be plaing online after I unlocked the whole roster. Then a few days after I'll be playing with a couple friends.

Viper Bite

Smash Rookie
Forever alone with the online stuff. Very few gaming carnivals here, but when one comes up, there will be that I guess.

Contrary

Smash Cadet
Seems like a lot of people are playing alone here :/

My brother is really into the game, and my two room mates are also smash crazy so many fun times will be had. Even so though, I think I'll be playing a lot of For Glory mode. It's a great way to play against different characters and play styles.

pikafire

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2509-2906-9493
I have just 1 friend who has a 3DS, and I think he probably won't get the game right away. So I will play all the 1-player modes and hopefully a lot of online battles as well!

GeNo-BreaKer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeNo-BreaKer-01
3DS FC
1220-6182-2346
Considering hardly anyone has a 3DS in the US, alone. Wii U version for local and online multiplayer, 3DS version for on the go smash.

Tshockz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
speed0fsound
3DS FC
1762-3005-1769
Alone mostly I do have some online friends who are interested and buying smash 4 though when it releases but that's it.

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
I'll be playing alone at first, then I'll play online once I unlock everything.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
My roommate and two other friends are downloading it at midnight, so we'll all four be playing throughout the weekend!

If any of you lone players want a friend, send me a message and we'll exchange friend codes. :grin:

Johnny Heart Gold

Smash Journeyman
Funny how evrybody doesn't have "friends" to play the game, when we are in a smash forum, in my case my friends and I can't see us everyday because of college, jobs and more. So it's nice to get together on release day and play, so yeah I'l play a lot of online even with my friends (Big cities are equal to a busy life lol) So yeah hope to play with a lot of you in the future (:

Just don't rage quit.... Hate those pepole

zozo

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0146-9842-1089
I have no real friends, only associates, and none of them play any games that I do, or don't play games at all. So I'll be playing alone, and online. I'll definitely be going to more weeklies and tournaments in my area though.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
October 3rd I am gonna play alone October 3rd from Midnight to about 3 PM when my friend get's out of school and then I'll play with him, maybe alone again the following night so I can get Custom Moves for a tourney October 4th.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
I will mainly play with internet friends on the 3DS until Wii U comes out, then ill play with real life people and internet friends, but yeah ill probably unlock all the characters right away.

Top Bottom