• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHing Through The Years - December 28th, 2013 - Frankfort, Kentucky

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
Hello Everyone,

I am hosting a Super Smash Bros tournament in Frankfort, KY.

Venue: Moonlite Comics

Address: 1100 U.S. 127, Frankfort, KY

Price: Venue fee: 5 dollars
Entry fee: 10 singles and 10 doubles (5 each)

Events:

Brawl Singles and Doubles
Melee Singles and Doubles
Project M Singles

PAYOUTS (Top 4 for Singles only):
Singles:
1- 53%
2- 26%
3- 13%
4- 8%

Doubles:
1- 55%
2- 30%
3-15%

Ruleset:

Melee: http://smashboards.com/threads/tentative-mbr-official-ruleset-for-2012.313252/

Brawl: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Tournament_legal_(SSBB)

(I am making a few changes to the Brawl ruleset with the stages. Brinstar, Halberd, and Rainbow cruise are banned.)

Project M: http://www.impulse-2013.com/rules/projectm

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
Events:
Melee (Both singles and doubles)
Brawl (Both singles and doubles)

However, since time might hinder the tournament I do not believe we can do all four events. So that being said I would like to take a poll....

Smash 64..........
or
Project M

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
Events:
Melee (Both singles and doubles)
Brawl (Both singles and doubles)

However, since time might hinder the tournament I do not believe we can do all four events. So that being said I would like to take a poll....

Smash 64..........
or
Project M

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
If you prefer 64, please just make it have priority over pm. The reason it is dead is because people are unwilling to host tournaments for it. I am trying to create a local community for it. When I had a tourney, I ran 64 and many people entered, and it did not hurt attendance. So it should not hurt your attendance much, if at all.

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
If you prefer 64, please just make it have priority over pm. The reason it is dead is because people are unwilling to host tournaments for it. I am trying to create a local community for it. When I had a tourney, I ran 64 and many people entered, and it did not hurt attendance. So it should not hurt your attendance much, if at all.

Thats a good idea. I know it wont hurt attendance, I am just worried it will be a useless event that will ultimately turn into money matches between the two of us... Hahahaa.

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
Thats a good idea. I know it wont hurt attendance, I am just worried it will be a useless event that will ultimately turn into money matches between the two of us... Hahahaa.
No, there is some other players, and if you make it $5 everyone will enter it. If you do not want to run 64, it should be up to you. Honestly,a lot of your attendance is from support, considering you just joined the community, and this is your first tournament. We all want this to be a success, however that may be accomplished.

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
No, there is some other players, and if you make it $5 everyone will enter it. If you do not want to run 64, it should be up to you. Honestly,a lot of your attendance is from support, considering you just joined the community, and this is your first tournament. We all want this to be a success, however that may be accomplished.

That was beautiful. I want it to be a success too.... badly.... Hahaha. I want to host a lot of tournaments.... But yeah I will probably have 64 there.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I have a rare Saturday off from work that day.

It's a long shot, but I'll try to come along with some other people for Melee.

Game&Ruckus_Knux

Smash Rookie
NNID
Knux_jsc
i live about 2 miles from moonlite and have off that saturday. myself along with a few others from my group will be there

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
Who is all going to this? Brawl players

Quite a few, I could link you to my facebook page and ill send you an invite so you can get a look at all the people that are coming. Should at least have 20 brawl players. Probably 35-40, maybe more overall.

SaLt08

Smash Rookie
I don't see any address for this plAce listed above, where is this tourney in Frankfort?

Codek

Smash Rookie
Man I'd love to go to this but I doubt I could stay till 10 pm, prior engagements before then and I live an hour away :ohwell:

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Man I'd love to go to this but I doubt I could stay till 10 pm, prior engagements before then and I live an hour away :ohwell:
By 10 most of the bracket should be done. I'd expect it would be at at least Winners Quarters or Semis by that point. So unless you intend on winning the tournament, you don't need to stay until 10. :p Just show up and play as long as you want/can, you don't even have to enter if you don't want, just play friendlies with people.

OH Rob

Smash Rookie
So I don't know if there are any ICs players here, but in PM there's a glitch where Nana dies immediately on Norfair. Could we do something to prevent IC players from being taken to that stage?

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
So I don't know if there are any ICs players here, but in PM there's a glitch where Nana dies immediately on Norfair. Could we do something to prevent IC players from being taken to that stage?

Dont worry about going to Norfair because the ruleset we are using does not include Norfair. haha.

Top Bottom