• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing....Live! MP3s now avaliable! *Update: Links Finally Posted*

JD44c8/USA

Smash Apprentice
Say, does anyone else hear the tingling sound in the right channel throughout the performance? Was this on the CD, or is it the result of a ripping problem?

tMoC

Smash Apprentice
The Smashing Live CD is great. Already great music in a new, cool way. I got mine in Nintendo Power and ripped the music to WMA... if anyone can't get them from another place, you could try me... PM me, though I am not sure exactly how I would send them to you... we will have to work something out.

My only big complaints is that the Mother series songs are not in it, but I think I can offer an explanation.

You see, the Onett main theme is a medly of / arrangement of two songs that were on the Mother Official Soundtrack, "Bein' Friends" and "Eight Melodies"; the Onett alternate theme is an arragement of "Pollyanna I Believe In You" from the Mother OST. Furthermore, the main part of the Fourside theme is arranged (and even orchestratally arranged, I might add!) on one of the Orchestratal Game Concert CD's (albums only released in Japan too...) under the name "Because I Loved You". Since these songs were already done, I guess they thought they should be the ones to get the cut first.

Too bad, those are amoung the best songs in SSBM in my humble opinion and I would like to see a orchestrated interpretation of them (or in the case of "Because I Loved You", another Orchestatal interpretation).

And yes, I do have mp3's of the Mother OST, if anyone wants it... it is really neat, some songs have English lyrics even though the album was released only in Japan!!

You may say I'm a fool,
Feelin' this way about you,
Well there's not much I can do,
I'm gonna be this way my life through!
Because I still believe in miracles
I swear I've seen a few
And the time will surely come
When you can share my point of view
I believe in second chances
And that's why I believe in you!!

Yes, the lyrics are a bit sappy, but I still really like them.

Yasha-Kun

Smash Rookie
Hey Dude, can u just send all the MP3's to me or put em on a site?

if u can that'd be great

silverflame

Smash Cadet
Anyone who's having trouble downloading, accessing the site, etc. should go to zeldapower.com for the music files. All you need is Windows Media Player (I think). They've actually been up at Zeldapower for a while :p

http://www.zeldapower.com/index.php?page=music/ssbmost

About the Fire Emblem trumpets:
The trumpets are actually really good, it just seems wierd because they're playing up high and they have mutes. The mutes cause the sound to be more refined, which gives it the squeaky tone, and notes that high are extremely hard to play with such a controlled tone. I'm not a trumpet expert, but I think the higher the notes the more pressure is being put on your lips. In other words, it's really hard to play real high notes without blasting, which the trumpet managed to control very well. The diffusion was mainly a style thing, so blame the conductor, not the trumpet player.

GameBoyBob

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know of a site where these are downloadable? the links that are on the first post does not work anymore.

Edit:Dang it! I seriously only thought there was one page and did not see the post right above me. sorry for spamming and bringing this old topic up.

SS4Ricky

Smash Ace
heh, i remember this topic. One of those that probably should be bumped, live concert for smash? Everyone should have a chance to listen. (I also got mine in a nintendo power, then burned like, 3 extra copies for my friends. We still listen to it often.:D )

Tsuyoi Momonga

Smash Apprentice
Thanks a lot for bumping this topic, SS4Ricky. I didn't join till after this came out so this is really awesome. I hope a lot more of these bumped topics show up again... :D

Emacee

Smash Ace
Oh man this stuff is awesome. I only downloaded the Dr.Mario theme and the xylophones and brass are done perfectly.

EDIT: I have every song now. Holy crap.

StormNB

Smash Rookie
I've been looking for these songs for about a week now (I'm a bit late on the realization that there was an actual soundtrack although I've had the game since its release) but I haven't been able to find one good place to download them! ZeldaPower seems to rebuilding and they have no working downloads section right now. All torrents I've searched up are dead. Anyone else know how I can get these rare songs?

The_Next_Boss

Smash Journeyman
All I have to say is WOW. I forgot when I first entered upon the site, but now I listen to almost all of them. All of them, in my opinion, are great. I thought about telling my band teacher about this, until I realized that we're short an instrument or two. Besides, I don't think we could pull one of them off without making a mistake or two. In front of almost the whole school. On concert night.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
wow, Fountain of Dreams and Corneria are my favs right now - this is really great. Im sure a lot of time and effort went in to making this.

YosNess-64

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know of a site where these are downloadable? the links that are on the first post does not work anymore.

Edit:Dang it! I seriously only thought there was one page and did not see the post right above me. sorry for spamming and bringing this old topic up.
hey i dont know if i can post the page, but if someone knows if it's possible, please send me an E-mail saying if it's possible or to ask for the page.

Top Bottom