• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smasher89 vids (SMACK losers final)

Smasher89

Smash Lord
I just have to notice you about it's no sound and black and white since the uploaders capturecard might not support pal60 or something...

Smasher89(IC) VS reaper (MK) BF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohl373LU1qU (what Sopo really seems to work O_o)

Smasher89(IC) vs reaper(MK) Halberd 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDbDVKYL8_g&feature=channel_page

The rest of the set I went Diddy/MK but I learned that I should go more for guarantied things then experiment in tournamentmatches(which I did in counterpicking halberd, something I wont do again)

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
congratulations again at your placing.
i´m glad an ic player made a top3 placing.

unfortunatly i got ill 2 days before smack so i couldn´t attend =( but on the next major tourney maybe we both can rule the tourney with ic´s xD

Teh Future

Smash Master
I dont want to sound overly critical, you placed great in the tourney but there were a couple things I noticed that I feel I can comment on.

first- wtf were you thinking counterpicking halberd. Seriously lol. I know you said you were experimenting but after you saw him kill nana with an upair chain>nado at like 0% the last thing you want is to give metaknight a low ceiling and the option of approaching you from below whenever he wants(even though he didn't take advantage of this).

-When Meat knight is chasing nana you have to punish him. When he is above you upair obviously, but when he is off the stage you CAN chase him since he is focusing on nana and an fair can easily kill a metaknight at higher percentages.

-Tilt your shield up when you are being tornado'd and you wont be shield poked. Dont let it break though.

I liked your solo popo, it was 1337.

Also what was the desync you were using? I cant seem to find very much info on desyncs anywhere, and I would like to have options other than pivot ice block(even though its a really good desync) and stutterstep.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Futurewrestler- Just comment, anything that could help is useful.
My gameplan for the match on halberd was that he would probably use the uar below the stage to try separate the IC's.
And I know for a fact that dsmash has been great for me in that situation earlier so I wanted to "force him" to do that and get punnished very hard with one or maybe 2 43%+dmashes. Something I didn´t know was that the cieling is so extreemly low on that stage.

I´ll try airchasing even though it seems very risky, I guess by hitting MK I can also recover with Nana making it less risky^^

Mostly dashdancedesynch even though there might have been some random trippingdesynches too...

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
and with sopo:
dthrow to upair/bair at mid% works well.

i would also not try to get a grab when there is really no chance to get it ^^ but thats a problem for all ic players i think xD

squall is also not a good approach against mk. he will always punish that.

Teh Future

Smash Master
I´ll try airchasing even though it seems very risky, I guess by hitting MK I can also recover with Nana making it less risky^^

Mostly dashdancedesynch even though there might have been some random trippingdesynches too...
Well as long as you dont chase to much below from the ledge you are fine, because the metaknight is always focusing on killing nana and he will usually be near the top corner of the screen since ananannana stalls with ice block in the air.

It was just dash dance desyncs though? lol. I liked the way you used it because you did it out of a running animation in the opposite direction so it was hard to punish.

Top Bottom