• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SmashDash!!] - I HAVE BRAWL! YES, A DELAY :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If you read the whole article, it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. James Rolfe is far to popular and would probably want payed, to do a job like this. That and he really wouldn't be good at announcing unless it was horrid updates related to video games he hates.
Actually, I learned that before I learned who James Rolfe is.

SmashDash isn't over. I'm so sorry you guys havn't heard from me in a while, I was sick for a whole amount of time. Headache is ********. D:

Anyhow, expect the episode from 2 weeks back to still lauch.. And after that the last episode.

Im still very sick, so please just hold on a little longer!
Yes! SmashDash lives!:roll:

Machomannen

Smash Cadet
SmashDash isn't over. I'm so sorry you guys havn't heard from me in a while, I was sick for a whole amount of time. Headache is ********. D:

Anyhow, expect the episode from 2 weeks back to still lauch.. And after that the last episode.

Im still very sick, so please just hold on a little longer!
Are you SICK?! That's no reason to not make Smash Dash! How dare you...?!

Kidding, of couse we will wait. :p
But have you started with the episode yet?

Mastertoku

Smash Rookie
Is it true, then, about Ian's departure?

And, if that's true, would you be needing another voice actor?

CengizMan

Smash Rookie
I knew you were sick.
In Nederland heerst griep nu eenmaal. ;)
Ik hoop dat je snel beter wordt.
Nog beterschap. ;)

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
What?! You actually did send an email to James about this matter?! If he became part of the SmashDash crew, that'd be something.:ohwell:

And what are you going to if he turns it down?
If he turns it down, we will find someone else? I THINK both myself and 2nd are willing to continue the series. I would do the voice acting, although I'm scottish and It'd be quite hard for me to break my accent and speak proper english words rather than "Aye" and "Dae" etc. Plus the fact my voice is annoying.

I was thinking about suggest to 2nd about making an email client application type of thing on the website, where you write in an application and an example of you saying a line from one of the previous Smash Dash episodes, like a contest if you will. And whoever 2nd likes the best, along with their application (Must be a good one obviously) gets the role of being the voice actor. Although this could take some time, so we'd obviously need to do it over a basis of a weekend, it won't be this weekend however as I'm away in liverpool for Melee.

I'll speak to 2nd about it, however it was my joke that encouraged 2nd to tell me to actually e-mail James. I don't expect James to do it, however it's worth a try. If James responds, which he didn't beforehand when I sent him a list of crappy games to review, and the answer is yes, hes welcome to do it, but if the answer is no, it doesn't really matter. We will, aslong as 2nd is willing to continue, find a new voice actor, even if it's one of us, which to be honest, I dread it if it's me, as 2nd has actually stated he doesn't think his voice is suitable for the job in the SMYN interview.

Mastertoku

Smash Rookie
I can't read the site (the wikis are blocked on the school computers) but I assume Rolfe is being contacted, given the discussion over the last couple of pages.

Well, I know I'm essentially internet-wise just a random person off the street, but should Rolfe refuse, and you find yourself in need of a voice, I could perhaps volunteer.

I do have SOME experience in the area - voice acting and whatnot - so I don't want it to seem like I'm just some guy going "lol me 2 i wunt to speak the smasherdashings!!!11" But I'd be more than happy to lend my voice to things if needed.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
I've done alot of voice acting for shorts and on the radio and things of that nature. I'm also an impersonator and can do a decent number of accents and different things like that. Where and when do I apply?

Sounds like fun.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
That was quite funny. It was odd though how he was wrong about Ness being deconfirmed.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
lol. What do you mean this post is too short? Sigh..
Anymore awesome videos starring Gimpyfish would be good. Or any other famous player/poster.

Chillpill100

Smash Rookie
I have an idea,
Only some of the updates are spoilers, some such as today's update, Yoshi's special moves, and quick techniques, someone can tell Ian wether the update is a spoiler or not, then he could make a smash dash episode when 5 of these updates are made.

Dragonzero

Smash Cadet
This sounds interesting.
It would be really funny to have James Voice acting on Smashdash(Provided he accepts the role), as long as he would keep himself from cursing too much. XD
But if that doesn't work, then I might volunteer.
But you know FoulPlay? only copying the original voice actor might not be a good enough contest. Reviewing the latest updates could do better results.
But that's just my opinion, I don't really mind.

raybobindustries

Smash Rookie
"Please look forward to it the coming week. I will not dissapoint you!"

Except you did. Twice now. But I suppose I can understand. I doubt I will be doing anything besides Smash once I get it myself. One of these days.... (march 9th)

T-major

Smash Champion
Hey Foul play! If you guys get turned down and you're still looking for someone, I'll totally do it for free! If you need more info, PM me!!
EPIC LOLZ!

but yeah, I hope you can continue Smash dash. it's too awesome to just drop.

I have a question though. did Ian read a script that someone else wrote? or did he write it/improvise? because if he writes it, and is gone, you should make sure to get someone else who's as funny as he is...

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
Hey! Yeah, I'm not very well known, but hell, I love Smash Dash, so I volunteer myself, too. If you need help in anything, here I am. My voice is ready for it, too.

D

Deleted member

^^
Ian quit, you know. That's why we haven't seen any new episodes in weeks.

Bensei

Smash Cadet
See it positive, the longer we see no Smash Dash, the higher the indicator is that Brawl is the one of the best games we'll ever play (and the longer Smash Dash XII will get)

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
I played Brawl this weekend, its awesome.
Wolf is awesome
Snake kinda sucks.
Sonic is hard to combo with.
Marth is broken. (Absolutely amazing.)
Ike is too slow for me to like really.
Robot is great.
Toon Link is great.
Sheik is meh. (If were on about tiers, I'd say mid.)
Pikachu is A LOT better.
PKMN Trainer isnt as fun as people make him to be, apart from squirtle.

Its understandable why 2nd hasn't made the video.
The game is amazing, and he has the right to play it over making this.

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
Awww, Marth is broken again? Oh well. I guess we don't have a good voice actor yet right?

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
So what happened with contacting James Rolfe?
He has still yet to reply. I'm presuming his mail box gets spammed with AVGN requests. But thats just a hope really. It'd be rude if he didn't reply to a request for a voice acting position.

hrm... If 2nd really wanted to conclude smash dash, I wouldn't mind voicing one ep.
I'd say add him on msn to contact him, he's hardly on the boards anymore. :(

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
I should have brawl by next week.
I'll play 2nd online, if I win 9000 matches he has to continue smash dash.
He hasn't agreed to this yet, but I'll make him agree or bribing him with a win. :p (Jk, I think 2nd will be good at Brawl)

Btw, because both me and 2nd will have brawl, I doubt, unless we talk about it whilst playing Brawl, that Smash Dash will be developed fast.

Bensei

Smash Cadet
FoulPlay, what are your opinions on Mewtwo and Roy in that hack, and the rumor that they will be in the NA copy of Brawl??
Sakurai stated in an IGN interview that he hasn't planned DLC due to the missing Hard Disc Drive. Look for it in the Brawl discussion, you'll find the thread quickly

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Please hold on. I'm getting really sad reading these comments, haha. No worries, but don't think SmashDash will continue with these new updates. There will be one more episode, likely. But you know, we havn't determined the lenghth yet. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom