• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashcon

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
Smashcon is holding another Nintendo gaming convention in Slidell, Louisiana. This will commemorate our one year aniversary.

July 10th will be our summer event where we'll be hosting tournies for all forms of Smash: Brawl, Melee, and N64. Smashcon is primarily focused on N64, but we've recently started to mix Melee and Brawl into our scene, trying to bring in a bigger fold of players and competitors than ever before.

We will be including many third party tournaments this convention as well including Mario tennis and Golf for our sports hour. Mario Kart N64 doubles, where you and your partner will race against another team trying to score more points per circuit, will also be happening. With this and many more events, we hope to open up to the friendly and competitive side of gaming. We hope to see alot of new faces at the conventions and are looking forward to a better turnout than previously.

5 Dollars Door entrance fee
2 Dollar entrance fee per tournament

We do sell N64 merchandise at very low prices also, plus novelty items.

@ Ohana Pier 1321 Gause Blvd Ste 3 Slidell, LA 70458
from 2-10pm

Here are a few ways you can join our efforts to bring great gaming to great people.

www.smash-con.com (underconstuction still)

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100001278983090

We're a non profit organization; all proceeds go back into smashcon to make it bigger and better each year. We look forward to your contribution.

Renth

Smash Hero
Is it safe to assume that you will be using tournament standard rule sets per each game that will be played? I didn't do my home work my browsing your forums for details but if you could give information about past events, experiences, and perhaps have past players who have attended your event(s). There has been many times where people make threads for events where they don't go by tournament standard rules, they make it a free for all tournament with items and whenever you're seen with that reputation it's hard to get a decent sized crowd to attend. (from a competitive stand point) I don't know how familiar you are with the community but we are all "underground" tournaments are run by veteran well known players so whenever an unknown name comes up and tries to host an event I get skeptical.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Be wary. This guy played ssb64 online for a while. He spent months arguing with us that you don't need to z-cancel lol...

With that said If I were anywhere in the area I'd attend. Smash 64 is too good.

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
Ruleset

@Renth&ACE=We have Tournament Standard Rules for all Tournies. We'll update the thread with them soon we've all been very busy setting up for the event. Have had little to no time to check on this thread. Trying to really get the word out with what little time we have left.

@Sheer= I'm sorry who? And sorry to hear your not in the area. When we expand into other states in the future maybe we'll hold a convention near you who knows.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
cavemanerick

I remember him playing online ssb64 for a while. He was always telling us real pros didn't need to z-cancel and he'd own us on the console.

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
yo

@Sheer=Ahhh I see yeah he helps us out sometimes. Sounds like him hes pretty stubborn doesn't like to listen to anyone. He z cancels so I don't see where his point is? Hes just an amatuer like most players.

@Everyone=Like I posted before we'll update the thread very soon sorry for the delay.

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
Great

We'd like to congradute the winners at Smashcon's summer event this year.

Tennis finals- Zosoist & 1221
Smash Doubles- cavemanerick & urmom
Smash singles-Uncle Kenny
Brawl Singles-Sev
Melee Singles-1221
Mario Kart Doubles-Justin & Devin

Thankyou for making another great event happen and we'll see you all at the winter convention.

Top Bottom