• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashcon Winter Event

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811

Alrighty, I know what you guys are thinking: Why is Zigsta posting a tournament in ATL South?

Slidell just so happens to be my hometown, and I'll be back in town for the holidays before I move out to Hollywood!

I was invited to this tournament via Facebook and am posting it here just in case you guys haven't seen the event yet. :)

ADDRESS:

Ohana Pier (big Hawaiian-looking place)
1321 Gause Blvd
Slidell, LA 70458

SCHEDULE:

2pm-Open
3:00pm-N64 Smash Doubles
3:30pm-N64 Smash Singles
4:30pm-Yoshi Race
5:30pm-Melee Singles
6:30pm-Brawl Singles
8:30pm-Double Dash
9:00pm-Raffle Winner Annoucement
10-Close

FEES:

$5 venue fee
$2 entry per tournament
$15 package deal to enter all tournaments

PAYOUTS:

1st= 90% (Brawl, Melee, N64 singles)

Prizes for other events are novelty items/swag.

Here's the link for the Facebook event: http://www.facebook.com/events/249501331776352/

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
yaaaaaaay! ill try to go to this, zig.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Hmm, I am interested in this. I just gotta ask off work, get confirmation, then I should be good to go!

Totally putting this in the LA thread OP, too.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
I got invited via fb too. Sounds so dope! To bad I can't attend. :(

BSP

Smash Legend
Hmm, I am interested in this. I just gotta ask off work, get confirmation, then I should be good to go!

Totally putting this in the LA thread OP, too.
If you do, consider this me asking you for a spot in your carpool

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
I'm probably entering 64 Dubs, 64 Singles, dk what Yoshi Race is but if it's Mario Kart that too, Brawl Singles, Double Dash! Yea buddy!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm willing to help run stuff, if needed. I'll have more information as I confirm I can actually go.
If worst comes to worst, I will probably wind up helping with running the tourny assuming you can't make it.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Well I asked off for this, so I'm virtually free to go! Is there a need for setups? Will any be provided? I have 2 setups if they need them.

BSP, how will you be getting to and from NOLA?

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the thread

@Jnigs-Any help would be appreciated greatly. I was actually planning on contacting you soon to see if you'd be interested in being the TO for Brawl. We'd obviously have helpers to make sure things go more smoothly. If your interested we can discuss it futher
through aim or over the pm system here.

@Bomber-Yeah I know only 3 hours ...ugh... well last time we had an even smaller time slot and around 40 to 50 players and made it. We've been preparing to keep the overlap this time to a minimum since last time we had such a problem.

@NiTEZ-Yoshi Race is an activity where we randomly pick 5 people at the con to participate in a race. We'll ask them to pick a friend to be there yoshi and then they will ride said yoshi(friend) to victory (hopefully). The race will be one riding the other and they'll be suprises I assure you but you'll have to be at the event to see those hehe.

@Zigsta-Thanks again for the thread.

@Everyone-Thankyou for the large support we're looking forward to seeing you all.

-From the Director (Pardon my grammer this was very much rushed)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Sweet, I'll be bringing a full setup then. I can also help you guys run stuff.

Yoshi Race sounds ballin'!

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
Wow, sounds awesome. I'll bring a setup, and depending on how many of my friends come with me, I can bring 1 or 2 people from BR to this.

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
sorry to inform you guys this late

Incase you didn't know we will not be having a losers bracket. Given the time restraints and how long brawl takes alone there will only be a winners bracket. I appoligize if we gave you this impression or you were mis informed otherwise.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
smash-con, I'd totally be up for that. I've pm'd you, and my aim is JNig91

We need to discuss a few details, just so I know what I'm getting into.

BSP

Smash Legend
Oh wait, I fail at geography. Scratch that Jnig.

I'll get in line for Gunner's car then

--As usual, I can bring a wii, but no TV if I attend

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Alright, so I will be Brawl's TO, as Erick (smash-con) and I have talked, and for all games, any setups brought would be GREATLY appreciated. Any game and/or system, and TV's would help out tremendously. You guys should really come out for this in FULL force!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm backing out of this. As much as I'd like to go, I just can't do it. Between work and all the driving I'd have to do (because I'd have to drive to BR to get RJ and Nitez), I'd be too tired to do anything, plus I work the next day early in the morning. I'll see you guys for the Spring and summer conventions.

Top Bottom