• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashCAP 4: Spriting Submissions

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
[SmashCAP 4]
Start date: 8/1/10
End date: --/--/--
Concept: Sunnyside Up
Type: Grass / Dragon
Ability: Solar Power / Thick Fat
Base Stats: 65 / 67 / 77 / 135 / 77 / 124

Name: Baskilisk

Terywj said:
Concept: Sunnyside Up
Analysis: Face it. Sunny Day sucks in the OU metagame. Sandstorm has Tyranitar, and benefits a bunch of appropriate Pokemon. Hail has Abomasnow and to a lesser extent Walrein, Froslass, and Mamoswine. Rain became a dominant force by Kingdra itself, and not only that but there are more viable sweepers under the Rain such as Kabutops and Ludicolo, etc. The problem with Sunny Day is that the benefits are just too wrongly distributed. Grass-types who through Cholorphyll benefit the most from Sunny Day and Solarbeam are absolutely murdered by the 50% boost in Fire-type attacks. The Fire-type Pokemon who enjoy the said boost will also gain a 50% resistance to Water-type attacks, but lack the Speed increase. How could we craft such a Pokemon so that it gains the benefits of Sunny Day, while keeping it viable in the metagame?
Extra: Taking note, this is basically a "Kingdra in the Sun" concept. A Pokemon who through typing, ability, and stats would be able to fully abuse the weather and benefits of Sunny Day.

Spriting is gogogo. You guys know the drill by now. Start spriting Baskilisk. Since the artwork has no color you are free to choose your color pairings and schemes.

We'd need 8 sprites.
- Male front normal
- Male front shiny
- Male back normal
- Male back shiny
- Female front normal*
- Female front shiny*
- Female back normal*
- Female back shiny*

*Keep in mind that your submissions don't have to include gender-different sprites. Both male and female SmashCAP 4 can look the same.

Get critiqued and stuff here before your final submission. Let's get this done this time.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I would really like to see male/female diffs because we have two gender-specific CAPs, so we've had excuses to not do them in the past, but there is an excuse no longer :3

Prediction: We STILL won't get this done and I will have to kill all of your for having to BS a sprite.

I swear to god I will force Tery to stop our CAP projects altogether if it comes down to me having to sprite again.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I would really like to see male/female diffs because we have two gender-specific CAPs, so we've had excuses to not do them in the past, but there is an excuse no longer :3

Prediction: We STILL won't get this done and I will have to kill all of your for having to BS a sprite.

I swear to god I will force Tery to stop our CAP projects altogether if it comes down to me having to sprite again.
I do too, but gender specific sprites won't say, benefit a submission moreso than someone without gender specific sprites. (Unless they were godly)

You won't have to force me to stop the SmashCAP because at that point I'd be too ticked off at the rest of them to do anymore just because of spriting.

UberMario

Smash Master
What about it can really be gender-specific? It looks like it should be the same for both genders.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
you got the solar panels, the tail, and the leaves to work with for gender differences

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
How many people do we actually have that are decent are making sprites from scratch?

ss118

Smash Master
Well we had someone decent do Calderan and Lilibelle..... don't see why they don't pitch in for this(or Zook).

='[

UberMario

Smash Master
I've been considering doing sprites for this, I have only one question: does it have to be animated? if so, should it be a battle-entry animation (like in Crystal) or a constant animation (like in Black and White)?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Tip: There are always SOME very-close-to-black outlines on any Pokemon, just throw them in the areas it'd probably be darkest (underside, between pieces of the body) and it'll look better.

Also try messing with different main skin colors, mainly different shades of Brown, see if any others look any better. If you already went through this, then just ignore that.

The left front arm also looks... off...

Keep on going for it, you're like our only hope! :3

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Working on darkening the outlines right now.

The leg was like that in the artwork provided. :X

BTW:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Hmm. I guess the gap between the legs looks bigger in the colored version for whatever reason.

Also, this probably means SmashCAP 4 will be the last SmashCAP, huh?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]

I noticed some transparency things I missed so I touched it up a little.
and to be artsy:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Did you really just come and bump this?

Uhhh we're basically putting this on hold for a long while. I'd explain but I really don't want to right now.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>_> Oh.
Rofl.
Its all good. Sprites are my thing. LOL
-DD

Top Bottom