• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashCAP 4 Art Poll

IT'S...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacel

Smash Lord
[SmashCAP 4]
Start date: 8/1/10
End date: --/--/--
Concept: Sunnyside Up
Type: Grass / Dragon
Abilities: Solar Power / Thick Fat
Base Stats: 65 / 67 / 77 / 135 / 77 / 124

Somebody said:
Concept: Sunnyside Up
Analysis: Face it. Sunny Day sucks in the OU metagame. Sandstorm has Tyranitar, and benefits a bunch of appropriate Pokemon. Hail has Abomasnow and to a lesser extent Walrein, Froslass, and Mamoswine. Rain became a dominant force by Kingdra itself, and not only that but there are more viable sweepers under the Rain such as Kabutops and Ludicolo, etc. The problem with Sunny Day is that the benefits are just too wrongly distributed. Grass-types who through Cholorphyll benefit the most from Sunny Day and Solarbeam are absolutely murdered by the 50% boost in Fire-type attacks. The Fire-type Pokemon who enjoy the said boost will also gain a 50% resistance to Water-type attacks, but lack the Speed increase. How could we craft such a Pokemon so that it gains the benefits of Sunny Day, while keeping it viable in the metagame?
Extra: Taking note, this is basically a "Kingdra in the Sun" concept. A Pokemon who through typing, ability, and stats would be able to fully abuse the weather and benefits of Sunny Day.
Vote.

Charmander made the first one.
Flyinfilipino made the second one.
Creativity! *Claps*

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Make sure to add the abilities of SmashCAP 4 in the OP. Solar Power / Thick Fat.

That said, FlyinFilipino's art is more well-rounded in my opinion. It's cute yet serious at the same time, and fits the base stats and abilities well too.\

Poll closes in approx. 24 hours.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I still think the head could be change a little bit on flyingfilipino's submition, but it's still great the way it is :)

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Charmander's looks more like it could have Thick Fat, but it still just looks like a Grass/Dragon Ampharos to me. D:

Although I now kinda regret voting for FF's, just because Charmander's actually fits the concept so well to me.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Name Submission will go up as soon as artwork is decided on, and Counters Discussion will also take place at the same time. Day after that is for Spriting Submissions.

After all that is done / started is when we move onto the Movepool stuff. I'd prefer that we confirm a name first, and have Counter Discussion and Sprite Submissions continue while we begin to work on the movepool. We're already moving at a much faster pace than previous SmashCAP, so I'll give more leeway time to spriting so we'll actually get it done this time.

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
Any real reason to keep this going? I think the deficit is too great to make up at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom