• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~~ Smashbound/SSB Presents: POKEMON LEAGUE: Mexican Edition ~ Mississauga, ON, Canada

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
The thing is, if I do stop playing, I'll probably will still host tournaments and ****. Infact, if that does happen (who knows right) I might put all my focus on tournaments. Sorta like BACH does with vids.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
With brawl too?
You suck, you must have never thought you could hang did you? :(
I have aspirations like anyone else of being the best at this game, where did yours go?

lol and think about how much respect Bach loses for not even enterting tournaments.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
With brawl too?
You suck, you must have never thought you could hang did you? :(
I have aspirations like anyone else of being the best at this game, where did yours go?

lol and think about how much respect Bach loses for not even enterting tournaments.
Bach doesn't need respect as a pro smasher, because he isn't. He does what he cares about, and so will Adnan. He loves hosting tournaments. He might decide to pick it up later on, but if he feels that he just wants to host tournaments, then no one has the right to criticize him. If he hosts great tournaments (which he will), then he'll be immensely respected for that. He didn't play any friendlies at CotS 2, so what does that tell you? He loves doing that ****, so let him do it.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I know, meh. It depends man, on how things go. Who knows, I might just turn into Ambrose and like. Use girlfriend johns or something. HAHAHA. Maybe even not talk. LOLLL.

We'll see Nate. Hahah, too early to say anything atm. Anyway, is everyone cool with the Torchic banging?

Edit: I think I'm already going back on it LOLLL. I'll still be hosting mad tournaments though.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Doing one doesn't mean you can't do the other. This is not a case of " Jack of all trades, master of none."
I feel if some simply lack the drive to actually play the game and try to be good then they never would have won in the first place.
As much as I respect Adnan, he would lose a little bit from me if he decided to go that route, much like if anyone else did. This is not a personal attack on him.

Also, as for Bach... something about the fact that he had the most amazing oppurtunities in front of him to learn from the best and be one of the best players yet he didn't slightly irks me. Am I alone?

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I submit to what you say, actually. You're right. I was telling Imadh, that I'm gonna stay. Make Brawl work out in any case or have Melee go on regardless. Well said though, from a fellow floaty main.

Doesn't bother me for what BACH did, I mean. He did do what was great for the community itself, Kage-ish as it may sound. But I can see where you're coming from, since I'm a new gen player, I can definitely understand. (starting this game so late and all)

Grmo

Smash Champion
Doing one doesn't mean you can't do the other. This is not a case of " Jack of all trades, master of none."
I feel if some simply lack the drive to actually play the game and try to be good then they never would have won in the first place.
As much as I respect Adnan, he would lose a little bit from me if he decided to go that route, much like if anyone else did. This is not a personal attack on him.

Also, as for Bach... something about the fact that he had the most amazing oppurtunities in front of him to learn from the best and be one of the best players yet he didn't slightly irks me. Am I alone?
yes

also adnan, yay =D

also not yay, I'm trying to stand up for you D: what are you doing submitting to what he says?

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Maybe because he agrees Grmo?
Stop playing the hero card, you get more offended with people's posts then the individuals who those posts are actually directed towards. Something is definetly wrong with that.

Grmo

Smash Champion
THIS IS NOT GROOVY AT ALL

I gave you a tv =[

but seriously, I noticed that, but what's wrong with it? I don't want to stop playing the hero card; I'll always stand up for my friends when someone says something negative towards them. I would do the same if someone took a shot at you for your playing or something, and I have in the past. I wouldn't have to play the hero card if no one was saying negative things about people. I just don't like it when people say things to people that they don't need to. Why did Adnan need to know that you would lose respect for him? Why did he need to know that? Why was it necessary? Tell me, please, because I never got the chance to ask the people who said those things to me.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Ooook Grmo, I just wrote a big reply basically saying that " you shouldn't take something between two friends so seriously" because theres bound to be things that over over exagerated (like the fact that i straight up said he sucks).... and I wouldn't jump inbetween such a conversation between say yourself and Adnan. There's nothing wrong with standing up for your friends, but you should use a little more judgement.

And the losing respect thing I fully am serious about, any person who quits something they used to take seriously I lose a little respect for. I may respect their legitimate reasons, but the loss is still there.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Nevermind. This is the 11th post, and I'd really like it if this moral argument discontinued before the next page begins. It's too bad playing the hero card is so unappealing these days. But in the mean time, I don't want anything else posted here. If you want, since this is completely between you and me, we can talk about it over MSN, or better yet in person at the next smashfest.

Top Bottom