• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Wants You! Come Write For Us

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Someone should make articles about things that are awesome and things that are not in Smash (or Nintendo overall).

It would be called "<username>'s Sweet and Sour Sauce" (or something like that).

I'd do it, but once I make an article, I sound very boring......and Smashboards don't deserve boring writers, leave them to inferior sites ^_^

Last edited:

FUX_Germany

Smash Rookie
Hey I would like to ask if there's any niche for german fellows to asks question or communicate in their language? I am from Germany and would offer myself as a writer since I am very into competetive play but there's no really good local smashboards.

If not that's okay, though. just askin' :cool:

Last edited:

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I don't understand anything about competitive play, but I could do some Nintendo News thingies. I'm not sure if I'm good enugh tho.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
I would volunteer to help with the writing myself, but whether I will always have time to write is the questionable part :/ (granted, I still write a lot anywho, so I may be able to xD) My writings are around the Marth and Lucina boards and I can let them speak for me in that regard.

Hopefully you guys find the right people for the job ^^

FalconOwnage

Smash Apprentice
I support the idea of a post-match high level replay analysis. It be be sort of like football commentary where the analyzers draw on the screen and play certain parts in slow motion.

This would be for Melee and PM.

:falconmelee: yesz

Last edited:

Wobz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WobzGames
in smash wii u I gave every character the smooth landing badge(which eliminates all landing lag automatically) and agility badge and super agility badge and the result is +55 speed +5 attack and -35 defense. You don't need this exact but within a range of 10 because anything lower won't really affect anything. Then i play in heavy gravity mode in special smash and it plays JUST like melee speed wise and combo wise too surprisingly
only downside is you have to react quick when falling off the ledge because you can easily fast fall and die
And you certainly don't have to lay like this
tournaments can also be based around the normal rules. But all of this makes balancing really easy to do....Maybe there should be a page for the stats every character should have, and once in a while we all take a poll vote for what changes we wanna see to characters

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
in smash wii u I gave every character the smooth landing badge(which eliminates all landing lag automatically) and agility badge and super agility badge and the result is +55 speed +5 attack and -35 defense. You don't need this exact but within a range of 10 because anything lower won't really affect anything. Then i play in heavy gravity mode in special smash and it plays JUST like melee speed wise and combo wise too surprisingly
only downside is you have to react quick when falling off the ledge because you can easily fast fall and die
And you certainly don't have to lay like this
tournaments can also be based around the normal rules. But all of this makes balancing really easy to do....Maybe there should be a page for the stats every character should have, and once in a while we all take a poll vote for what changes we wanna see to characters
But Mac's KO punch is useless then ^_^

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I've always applied for a writer's position whenever it was called for. Though nothing has really come of it. Hopefully this'll change for the better, especially with the variance of hiring calls. Expect a PM, @ The Derrit The Derrit .

The Nintendo News position looks really popular. I'll commit to that and eventually I may delve into other subjects in the Smash community aside from the competitive scene.

Hmmm, for article ideas, I think it might be cool for someone to write an opinion column, preferably by someone versed in debate and essay writing.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Sent. I'm still going to keep taking pics and stuff at whatever I go to

Lucario-senpai

Smash Rookie
I would like to see a guide of the week type of thing. It could be useful to smashers who want to get better, in other words me.

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
If I diddnt work crazy hours each week, I'd hop on the once in a lifetime shot

Top Bottom