• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Roster Evolution (11-1, break)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Well though he may be your enemy there, but is he generally seen as an enemy, is he known to be your opponent?
Pretty much its like this, if in eventually in one zelda game Zelda becomes the villain, as in you have to face her as your opponent, she would technically be your enemy/villain in one game. But would you view her forever as an enemy, would you see her in negative limelight.
Unless that game is the only one you remember then no, you and everyone else would still see her as the damsel in her series, such as Marth is an hero in his despite being an enemy in one.
Also this probably answers duke with ice climbers, while rivalry in one, their generally seen as neutral or just normal. So they would never count
Actually perhaps I should double check if Red is acceptable then?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Actually perhaps I should double check if Red is acceptable then?
Well in pokemon red and blue he is the protagonist, but in gold and silver he is the final challenge, waiting for Ethan to come and face him, as far as legacy goes unlike others we've discussed he's known as both, an hero and an rival. He's more of in a grey area of being both but yet not entering to an neutral zone, since he's known for being an Rival just about as much he is the main character I found it good enough,
Though since he is in an grey area (along with Rob for being well known an accessory for the nes and being the ancient minister) I guess its more left to the community for the final word, seeing how this game is heavily based on that.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
No; I don't think they should be questioned, let's get it started on the round!
Unless you meant voting will decide, which it always does, and is why I left off Ice Climbers anyway.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
(To continue with, "I don't know what to post" from last time)
Well things spiked from this, just like an surge of extra life pooled in.
Either way despite how fun and interesting the round was someone's getting out.
Just the usual one vote and explain why you've voted.
[collapse=players]
@ SunnyDust SunnyDust
@ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club
@ SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
@ TheZombiePig TheZombiePig
@ Angelglory Angelglory
@ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon
@ Tepig2000 Tepig2000
@ The_Sheik The_Sheik
@ kylexv kylexv
@ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus
@ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
@ Mr_Anderson Mr_Anderson
@ Yams Yams
[/collapse]
[Collapse=rosters]
TheZombiePig -

Kylexv -

Mr_Anderson -

The Light Music Club -

SunnyDust -

AngelGlory -

Yams -

The_sheik -

Yoshiandtoad -

Tepig2000 -

Smashermaster -

Dukenapoleon -

Golden icarus -

[/Collapse]

Click here to vote
The elimination will end Tuesday 11 pm eastern

Chase

Smash Ace
Yams because Mother Brain over Ridley and Meta Knight over Dedede.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Rosters with Ness and Claus and rosters with Marth and Black Knight or Grima are the ones I looked at. It felt strange having a villan from a different cast and not having the main character (Lucas, Ike, Robin) in the roster. Also didn't like any rosters with Devil.

I'll go for Mr. Anderson since I don't like Harry and Black Knight with no Ike.

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
Voted for Tepig2000. Skull kid, Mother Brain, and King Boo seem very odd at this point in the game. They could have easily been swapped for characters like Ganon(dorf), Ridley, Dark Samus, Medusa, Wolf, or a Fire Emblem villain.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Voted for Tepig2000. Skull kid, Mother Brain, and King Boo seem very odd at this point in the game. They could have easily been swapped for characters like Ganon(dorf), Ridley, Dark Samus, Medusa, Wolf, or a Fire Emblem villain.
I couldn't add Ganondorf, Dedede or Ridley because I removed them from my roster last round. I didn't want to add Medusa before Palutena, and I decided to wait before giving Star Fox or Fire Emblem another character. Sorry if I sound like a little kid that doesn't accept losing, but this vote isn't fair.

Last edited:

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
I couldn't add Ganondorf, Dedede or Ridley because I removed them from my roster last round. I didn't want to add Medusa before Palutena, and I decided to wait before giving Star Fox or Fire Emblem another character. Sorry if I sound like a little kid that doesn't accept losing, but this vote isn't fair.
Well, the voting is about the rosters overall, and it just seems that some villains should get in before others, despite a few of them being off limits at the moment.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Well, the voting is about the rosters overall, and it just seems that some villains should get in before others, despite a few of them being off limits at the moment.
Yeah. I guess I understand what you're saying. It's my fault to have cut Ganondorf, Dedede and Ridley last round. It's not like these specific characters were proibited. If they were, then I would have reason to complain.

And it looks like I'm going to be eliminated. I tought people would like Skull Kid and King Boo and think they were "cool" characters. Oh well. Looks like I should have had added Fawful like my sister.

Last edited:

Mr_Anderson

Smash Cadet
It was between Yams and Tepig for me, as both had Mother Brain. In the end, I voted tepig because of having Skull Kid, as well.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I choose to vote for somebody who had no Pokemon villains. I understand why there are none for the two people, because they only had Mario and Bowser.

Either way, I voted for Mr. Anderson because of Harry.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Actually, now that I saw the two rosters together, her roster is much better. But since I help her with the rosters, if she wins, it will be because of MY help. :p

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
What's funny is that my sister has Fawful and no one voted for her. :p
He's Fawfully delicious!

Honestly it is another round where many people stick out for me as ones I would like to vote for, and the bottom contenders almost cancel each other out, which would make me vote in the middle (except that is ridiculous, so I will not choose in the middle).

I WOULD have voted for @ TheZombiePig TheZombiePig , because my main criteria for this round was based on which series people decided to give representation to (and I don't think that Punch Out, FZero, Earthbound, Yoshi, or Kid Icarus deserved a villain added)- but... I actually ended up liking his roster a lot after his initial change, and ended up disliking many rosters after his post. In fact, his is one of my favorites for now, for the reasons he said in posting, in fact. If that were the roster to play, it would almost be as interesting as mine. Not removing any villains turned out to be a great choice for you. :p

I love King Boo, and as most of the boards know now, I think he (or someone else) should take over Jigglypuff's move set. So @ Tepig2000 Tepig2000 , you do not have my vote, even if Mother Brain is a poor choice in my opinion.

@ Mr_Anderson Mr_Anderson , I'm truly not a fan of Black Knight as a villain *because even if he is not generic, he just appears too much to be so*. Porky, and Black Shadow, being repped over other series, also bothers me. Yet, Virtual Boy is my FAVORITE system, so you are also safe, because you made this decision.

My vote, is thusly, for @ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club , for having FOUR of the series villains whom I do not think needed a second character (Punchout, Earthbound, Kid Icarus, FZero)

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Actually, now that I saw the two rosters together, her roster is much better. But since I help her with the rosters, if she wins, it will be because of MY help. :p
Well, if you get eliminated, and she is still in, maybe you should have gotten her opinion :troll:

Yams

Smash Journeyman
I'm amazed that I might still be in the running.

I didn't want to vote for Tepig2000, as our rosters are quite similar, so I voted for the_sheik instead for having Fawful.

Swamp Castle

Smash Apprentice
Despite certain choices made by others (*cough*Grima*cough*), I voted for @ Tepig2000 Tepig2000 , mainly for the reasons stated by others. Mother Brain on its own makes this roster not work for me, but the other 'unique' choices (King Boo, Skull Kid) on top of that are what determined my vote. Coming in at a close second would be @ Mr_Anderson Mr_Anderson , due to having the Black Knight without Ike, plus Harry. Also @ Yams Yams , due to Mother Brain and King Hippo, but at least he had Ganondorf.

@ TheZombiePig TheZombiePig , I actually kind of like your inclusion of Medeus.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Sorry Tepig, but I had to vote for you too. I don't mind Mother Brain over Ridley but Skull Kid before Ganon/dorf is a no no. Skull Kid AND Ganon/dorf I'd of been fine with though.

Although I do think you should of also have used a Mother Brain icon where she's mobile. For some reason the stationary mildly annoys me.

AstroHamsta

Smash Cadet
SMASHBOARDS/SWF ROSTER EVOLUTION IS BACK!
This is a game based on several rosters evolving while being faced against eachother in a survival like showdown, in which the community gets to vote on which people to eliminate.
Rules to Remember:

-The total amount of players per game is 21
-Players can ONLY join during the initial round.
-If players want to join they'll be put on que for the next game (with limited slots)
-We will always start with a roster of 12 that is different to the one in 64, the end one will change however
-We may have special rules (IE: Only add females, males, villains, heroes, etc.) if you guys would like to see it, or unless I decide to do so.
-Rosters can't be duplicates. If someone copies, then they need to change the roster before Elimination Begins or they WILL be eliminated.
-If there is a tie we will have a lightening round (a fast short round consisting of those two or more) if an another tie happens an third party will end it.
-Typical Flow Pattern:
Break Round: Contestants still in the game build up a roster according to the conditions I set. Failure to post a roster within the conditions when the break period is over will result in disqualification.
Elimination Round: I'll place up a survey for you all to vote on. On this, you will vote for who you want eliminated. Once I return to announce the loser (Who got the most votes and has been eliminated) I'll open up entry for the next break.
-UPDATE! When you vote for someone, please post in this forum during the elimination round as for who you voted for and why you voted for them. This is to assist in better roster creation.

FAQ:

Q-1:Is this a game where we pick the roster that smash will end up with?
A-1 No. you only vote for the one you dislike the most, it could be the most obscure roster ever, or it could be the safest roster ever, if you don't like that particular roster, then that's where you put your vote at.
Q-2:Can we put in anyone?
A-2:Yes. there is no limit of who you can put in, want to add 10 Marios? sure, want 10 links, good enough, as long as you stick to the limited roster spots, there are no regards of who you can put in.
Q-3:Can we cut anyone?
A-3:Yes. in fact no one who is in smash has to be in this roster, want an entire Sony roster, it works, want to have every veteran besides Mario, sure, want no Pokémon to be in your roster, good enough.
Q-4:Do we have to stick with the same roster each time?
A-4: not usually. Most of the time we allow a certain amount of cuts (usually 2-5) which allow the player to change his roster under the guidelines, but during some special rounds cuts are not given, you just have to deal with it.
Q-5:Do transformation/duo characters count as separate slots?
A-5:No, if you want them to take up an extra slot, then that character is not an transformation/duo character, they counts as their own slot.
Q-6: Can there be duplicate rosters?
A-6:No. each players roster has to be different from one another (at least one difference through character slots) if there happens to be two or more duplicate rosters at the end of the break period and there are no changes, the first copy of the roster will stay and the rest will be eliminated immediately from the Game
Q-7: Can I put in symbols or emblems for slots?
A-7: no, you need actual characters in your rosters, any roster that has a symbol or emblem will not be counted for

Hall of Fame:
Game I:
1st- @ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
2nd- @GreenReaperGod
3rd- @ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus

Game ll:
1st- @andimidna
2nd- @Smasher 101
3rd- @ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club

This is part of @BigAxle Game down below, a good friend who helped run the place when I wasn't able too
So here's the lowdown on this beginning round, folks!
View attachment 6253
-Hello, good folks, Speculator Naoto here.
I was getting rather bored after lonekonwolf Godot had to leave this fun game behind, so I decided to start it up again!
If you fare yourself ready for a new round of this showdown, feel free to sign up with a 12 Slot Roster. I'll give you a week and we'll begin our usual eliminations Saturday Afternoon, Central Time. Anyone is permitted to enter so long as they give me a roster! Another note, for this round, you aren't allowed to use the Original 64 Roster. You can create a roster with some of the characters, but you can't directly import that whole roster to use as your 12 slot one.
You have one week, speculators. Show me your rosters, and remember, I'm always watching.

Contestants
Break I
-Fortanono
Y
-AncientTobacco
U
-Louie G.
U
-GreenReaperGod
Y
-Angelglory
U
-BluePikmin11
U
-Tepig2000
U
-ScatmansWorld25
B
-APC99
Y
-Smasher 101
Y
-ThatWasPeachy
B
-Shortiecanbrawl

-Crap-Zapper
U
-Kon
U
-GoldenIcarus
U
-jakor
U
-josh bones
U
-SmasherMaster

-YoshiandToad
U
-LumaOkami
U
-Keybladeguy

BREAK PERIOD I BEGINS NOW
ENDS NEXT SATURDAY AFTERNOON, CENTRAL TIME

:on que for the next game:
@Pokechu
@ Swamp Castle Swamp Castle
@SomeGuy121
@Afrodude
@ Chase Chase
And the Game Begins . . .
[collapse=players]
@ SunnyDust SunnyDust
@ Angelglory Angelglory
@ Tepig2000 Tepig2000
@ The_Sheik The_Sheik
@ kylexv kylexv
@TORNADO BUS DRIVER
@a smart guy

@LumaOkami
@domokl
@BlueDrago
@ Yams Yams
@KingShadow
[/collapse]
[collapse=rosters]
current rule: no veterans in melee and any previous installments that weren't on the previous roster are not allowed
[/collapse]
[collapse=vote count]

• SunnyDust 0 (0%)
  • The Light Music Club 1 (5.88%)
  • SmasherMaster 1 (5.88%)
  • TheZombiePig 1 (5.88%)
  • AngelGlory 0 (0%)
  • DukeNapoleon 2 (11.76%)
  • Tepig2000 0 (0%)
  • The_Sheik 0 (0%)
  • kylexv 0 (0%)
  • TORNADO BUS DRIVER 0 (0%)
  • a smart guy 1 (5.88%)
  • Golden Icarus 0 (0%)
  • yoshiandToad 0 (0%)
  • LumaOkami 1 (5.88%)
  • Mr_Anderson 1 (5.88%)
  • domokl 0 (0%)
  • BlueDrago 0 (0%)
  • SmashRiver64 9 (52.94%)
  • Yams 0 (0%)
  • KingShadow 0 (0%)
[/collapse]

[collapse=Elminations]
21 - @artisticgamerxl
20 - @SmashRiver64
[/collapse]

Round lll Elimination will begin at Friday 10PM, Eastern Time Zone
NOTICE: out of date because of scheduling and laziness, please go to the last page to vote​
Seems cool! I want to try the next one.

EDIT!
Finally got my Roster in Early. I will reupload this when the next one starts.

Last edited:

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Sorry Tepig, but I had to vote for you too. I don't mind Mother Brain over Ridley but Skull Kid before Ganon/dorf is a no no. Skull Kid AND Ganon/dorf I'd of been fine with though.

Although I do think you should of also have used a Mother Brain icon where she's mobile. For some reason the stationary mildly annoys me.
The mobile Mother Brain in the icon looks weird. I imagine her being in the capsule the whole time and walking with robotic legs, instead of having a body.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
(I've realized I haven't posted anything about star fox, I must fix this)
This elimination loser was @ Tepig2000 Tepig2000 who lost to his younger sibling, again, I know your misery better than anyone else mate.
Anyway I do have an announcement from Friday to Sunday i will be busy helping out an friend, and as such I do not know if I will be able to come online during those days, as such for this time i will be knocking down the break period till Thursday, not trying to rush (especially one particular user) but just mentioning that any longer than Thursday will not be a guarantee for an update.
Other than that 36 slots, no special rules except the forbidden 7 rule, and your average 2 cuts. See ya then mates

[collapse=players]
@ SunnyDust SunnyDust
@ Angelglory Angelglory
@ The_Sheik The_Sheik
@ kylexv kylexv
@ Yams Yams
[/collapse]
[Collapse=rosters]
[/Collapse]
[Collapse=vote count]
  • the light music club 2 (11.11%)
  • yoshiandtoad 0 (0%)
  • Golden icarus 0 (0%)
  • smashermaster 0 (0%)
  • yams 4 (22.22%)
  • mr_Anderson 2 (11.11%)
  • dukenapoleon 1 (5.56%)
  • tepig2000 8 (44.44%)
  • the_sheik 0 (0%)
  • angelglory 0 (0%)
  • sunnydust 0 (0%)
  • thezombiepig 1 (5.56%)
  • kylexv 0 (0%)

[/Collapse]

The elimination will begin Thursday 11pm eastern (maybe)

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

This is a pain in the butt without Peach and Luigi. (The forbidden Seven is the group at the bottom)

Cut: King Hippo, Hades
Added: Palutena, Robin, Mach Rider, Sami, Ray, and Saki

I wanted to get rid of Hades since I thought Palutena was more important. Punch Out, I don't think needs two characters so I got rid of King Hippo. I wanted to get AW back so I added Sami, and since no series should have more than two, I added 3 other series with Saki, Mach, and Ray. Fire Emblem should match SF, EB, KI, and F-Zero at 2.

Last edited:

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
RosterEvolution9.png

Yay for robots!
Cut: King Hippo. I wanted to keep as many of the hero/villain duos as I could (hence why Medeus is still around), but of all the villains/antagonists on the roster, I really felt King Hippo had to go.

Added:
R.O.B.
Isaac
Starfy
Ray
Chibi Robo

I feel that each of these characters bring strong diversity to the roster, and represent some strong Nintendo IP's.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929

Cuts: Grima
Newcomers: Peach, Mewtwo, Ike, Takamaru, Andy
New series: Mysterious Castle, Wars
Total series: 23

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman
ROSTER EVOLUTION - PART 2 - 8 Roster.png

Cut Tom Nook & Devil
Added Ike, Palutena, Wii Fit Trainer, Wonder Red, Takamaru & Ice Climbers.
Total Series : 26

Last edited:

The_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
Roster Evolution Nick Roster.png

Cut Medeus and Devil. Added Robin, Palutena, Captain Falcon, Wolf, Isaac and Ayumi.

Characters with red outlines are my forbidden seven. They are there so I remember who I can't add. The ones with green outlines are the trainer's Pokémon.

Mr_Anderson

Smash Cadet

Cuts: Harry and Black Knight

Added:
Peach: Well-deserved Mario rep
Ice Climbers: A retro rep to replace Takamaru
Mewtwo: I've been told he's more important to the series than a certain fire chicken
Ike: Because apparently choosing the only recurring villain without having Ike was a bad choice
Wonder Red: Representing the WIi U and an exciting new series
Dillon: Represents the E-Shop

Honorable Mentions: Andy, Sonic (didn't want to risk a third party yet), any Zelda character (because they are nowhere near as important as the parts of the Triforce)

Total Series: 24

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Honestly almost forgot about this game and I've barely left my computer all day because of that leak!

CUT: Devil, Balloon Fighter

Additions:
  • Ice Climbers; most important addition this round was getting my favorite retro veterans back on, from Ice Climber, who seem to have taken a beating with this leak. SUPPORT YE CLIMBERS! I do love my retros, though.
  • Robin; let us have that magic to go with thy blue sword, as we bulk up the next most popular series, Fire Emblem.
  • Palutena; time to now bulk up this franchise, as I will need to later, and she would be my second Kid Icarus character.
  • Wonder Red; fits too well into this roster, and as a charming superhero, it is my pleasure to add himback into my roster after I had to cut him before, Wonderful 101.
  • Chorus Kids; I struggled not adding them last round as well. Love these cute little kids. Welcome to the roster Rhythm Heaven.
  • Shulk; hard to say I am trying to represent new IPs and not have this popular guy on the list for Xenoblade. Glad to finally have him on board.

Honorary mentions:
Wii Fit Trainer, Mallo, Ray MK

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
PK ROCKIN'!

Newcomers:
  • Ness:Various rules have prevented me adding Ness until now; No having the same roster as Smash 64(and sorry Ness but aside from Puff you're last on my list for the 64 vets), No adding anyone who debuted in Smash 64 for three or so rounds, villain only round, etc...but Ness has finally made it onto the roster! No wonder he's so happy about it!

• Diddy Kong:
    Diddy Kong was one of the characters I genuinely expected to be unlockable on Smash 64 so it's surprising I didn't add him until this point. Diddy's probably in my top 10 favourite Nintendo characters of all time...seriously, why has it taken this long?

• Rhythm Monkey:
    Wha? Not Chorus Men? Well...no. Honestly the monkey appears in more games from what I've seen, is the only Rhythm Heaven character to get given a Mii Plaza hat and on top of which the tambourine game is adorable. Ness can jam with some primates instead of Diddy and a barbershop trio. I toyed with Marshall and Rhythm Girl as well as the Chorus Men when choosing a character. Karate Joe and Wrestler are cool but aren't really musical.

• Starfy:
    I wanted to promote another Assist Trophy but with the time limit I honestly didn't have time to draw Ray or Saki, and since Ness and the chimps are rocking out, I figured I could add a literal rock star in to the mix.
Honourable mentions:
  • Forbidden 7 members: Captain Toad, Princess Peach, Princess/Queen Zelda, King Dedede, King K. Rool, Inkling and Shulk. I hope I can add some back eventually!

• Ike and Robin. FE needs a second character.

• Saki and Ray as mentioned prior.

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
SWF Evolution Round 8.png

Added: Palutena, Robin, Saki and Takamaru

I did not want to add any other Mario characters before Peach. And I could not add any Zelda, Kirby or Pokémon exedening Mario in characters. So, I felt that all other series should be left at two.

I wanted another Kid Icarus character and another Fire Emblem character because I believe that they should have the same amount of F-Zero characters.

Added Saki and Takamaru because I feel for some reason that the next round will be some sort of challenge.

Honerable Mentions
Forbidden 7 (or 8)
Chibbi Robo, Duck Hunt Dog, Starfy, Wonder Red, Dillon

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
RosterEvolution9.png

Roster Edit!
Cut Medeus for Robin. I didn't feel comfortable having him in my roster. He really isn't a very recognizable character.
I also swapped Ray for Marshal for a newcomer slot. I feel that Rhythm Heaven is a more prominent series than Custom Robo at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom