• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Friend Finder Desktop App

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
You sir, are a modern day internet hero. Not because you're doing something great (though you are), but because you are taking a step up to help the community instead of only thinking about yourself. Have a cookie

(insert picture of cookie here, too lazy to get one myself)

omg1337core

Smash Cadet
Ugh, I'm sorry for all the lack on effort in this project lately, but I've run into more problems than I need to in the past months.

First, let me apologize for my absence in reporting or working on portions of this project. I ended up having to work my *** off to get through high school, since I find most schoolwork incredibly boring, which led to me kind of shunning it in order to have time to work on this project among many others. I probably should have at least given the heads up, or put out a public beta. Instead, I just kind of disappeared. So to anyone who was looking forward to this project, I'm very sorry about the whole delay.

Now, second, I'm sure many are hoping this is the actual release announcement. Sadly, it is not, but I will be posting about that in the near future. I'm out of school now, so I'm not too busy until college starts up, so I'll have some serious time to dedicate to this project. But, the real second detail I have to report is a slight change in the development roadmap I have with this little utility. In the past few months, my web development skills have improved very much - to the point where the initial design of the Desktop Friend Finder no longer meets my personal standards. I like to make sure things are perfect as far as what I make goes. Considering this, I will say that I'm not going to waste more time and scrap the work done so far and just start rebuilding from the ground up - on the contrary, I will be making the best I can of the work that's done so far, which would be (estimating here) 75%. So, the first version of the Desktop Friend Finder will be released as it is. But, the second build of it will be ramped up as v0.5, and will be rebuilt from the ground up, focusing more on using JavaScript and AJAX to make the program a bit easier to use, as well as better integrating the Friend Finder and many other options.

Again, I can't apologize enough for all the delays. I really kind of disappeared on SmashBoards, much less anywhere else, so I could pull my academically lazy *** through my senior year of high school. Fortunately, I am out of there now, and I have some more free time to work on projects such as this, which a larger timeframe to dedicate to it. I'm sure more than a few people doubted me once I just stopped reporting on the application, but I'm here to say it's coming - albeit a bit late. Thanks to anyone who still believes in this little endeavor.

- omg1337core

Top Bottom